A little fur with my florals..........(7)
/forum/topic/1155849/0

2       3       end

Karl Witt
Total Posts: 32694

Just a gathering of little trinkets over the last few months. The young raccoon didn't at all seem bothered by my presence which I often find of wildlife on the really overcast days.

It has been a while since I have put up a floral of any type, I still enjoy them but have been looking for something different with them. Here are a few that I enjoyed and one experimental PP with some HDR enhancements.

Thanks for the visit and as always............say what you feel, good or bad and I will appreciate your opinions and views

Karl

Karl Witt

and a few more floral looks if you will.........

Thanks!

KirkB
Total Posts: 10418

#1 is a terrific capture and composition, and just a great expression on the little guy. Does it need just a little CW rotation?
I like all of your florals in this set and have missed seeing your artistry.
Favorites are 4 (nice job on not over-sharpening, beautiful BG), 6 (lavender colors against the darker BG on this very overcast day is super), and 7 (wouldn't have guessed HDR so very well done and would be my top pick if not for the blurred and obscuring lower right corner... still very pretty).

Beautiful set buddy, that 400 ain't bad glass either.

Kirk

sritri
Total Posts: 3111

You make even the undesirables desirable Karl Awesome set

Larry Williams
Total Posts: 6633

3,4,7 for me. IMHO, HDR tends to over saturate green making it look a bit like "neon green". But, what the heck do I know.....

Have you ever tried using a 25mm tube on your 400 and 500? It really is an "eye opener".

How have ya been?

Larry

surfnron
Total Posts: 30789

Hey Karl - I'm of to work, but I'll be baaaack ~ Ron

Geez - these 12 - 13 hr days are killin' me. This may be the last post I comment on until work lest up. Got home about 10 last night, and was in bed within 15 min.

Love the racoons Karl. They are cute, but destructive. I live trapped 4 this year and relocated them. The thistle is my pick. Great comp and colors, and great sharpness too.

Ron

Desert Drake
Total Posts: 5447

Sure enjoyed the thistle and aster shots. Cute little bandit that you captured.
Al

Ted ellis
Total Posts: 21390

Hi Karl, your fur is nice and #5 and 4 flora are my favorites.

Ted

martines34
Total Posts: 2972

Nice mixture of interesting photography.

Thanks for sharing.

KCollett
Total Posts: 22678

Pleasing set Karl. Looks like the youngen still needs to learn about washing its eyes in the morning. I like the cattail and thistle best from among the florals.

David Leask
Total Posts: 34911

Lovely shots Karl. The Thistle (our national emblem) takes gold for me
David

Rob Tillyer
Total Posts: 13945

Beauty set Karl. The first bandit has it all, what great shot. In the second one I think he's smelling his breath. I really like that one too. The florals are terrific. The HRD one would be a winner with me (great PP for sure) but I can't get by the OOF leave. I think if you just had a little of it at the bottom right it would make a better comp.

Rob

harshaj1
Total Posts: 18288

Lovely and inspiring set Karl. Love the last one.
Harsha

kmunroe
Total Posts: 29182

very nice Karl .. no picks here

Conrad Tan
Total Posts: 28397

1 and 6 for me Karl! I can't tell you how happy I am to see you shooting so darn much!

mike717
Total Posts: 7989

Cute little bandit there Karl. My favs are the thistle and the Aster.
What are you using for the HDR enhancement if you don't mind my asking?

Mike

Jude Perera
Total Posts: 8051

Super captures. Love the first two best.

Jude

Karl Witt

KirkB wrote:
#1 is a terrific capture and composition, and just a great expression on the little guy. Does it need just a little CW rotation?
I like all of your florals in this set and have missed seeing your artistry.
Favorites are 4 (nice job on not over-sharpening, beautiful BG), 6 (lavender colors against the darker BG on this very overcast day is super), and 7 (wouldn't have guessed HDR so very well done and would be my top pick if not for the blurred and obscuring lower right corner... still very pretty).

Beautiful set buddy, that 400 ain't bad glass either.

Kirk

Always nice to hear your take on things buddy. I am not seeing the CW on #1 but that doesn't mean you are not correct
Florals have gone from flowers to more of natures wild arrangements and just picking them out as seen, kind of fun! The Thistle can be tricky on sharpening, it held up well but is easy to go too far on. Glad you liked the darker Aster shot, thank you. HDR just was a fluke, saw the HDR toning in PS and said............let's try The lower right corner should be secondary in your vision hopefully directing your eyes up and to the left
There is really no 'bad' glass, only bad photographers

Thanks bunches
Karl

Karl Witt

sritri wrote:
You make even the undesirables desirable Karl Awesome set

I like to give the less fortunate more effort
That was a nice comment, thank you!
Karl

munzir.khan
Total Posts: 2774

Oh Gosh!! how did you you pull out such fabulous details and colors in first 3 shots

very well done... i wanna frame them if you allow me and give me a bit bigger image size

Munzir

2       3       end