"full of sh..."
/forum/topic/1155797/0

Velu01
Total Posts: 2586

The story ... during a morning shoot, I did notice this board, promoting dog owners to use doggybag's, in order to clean up the mess of their little friends.
It says "Elk kakje in een zakje". One could translate it more or less as "every shitty in a baggy"
Few minutes before, I did notice someone with a Jack Russel retriever.
Off course I did "see" this picture, of a man with his Jack Russel, passing this sign ... so I did wait, hoping they would take this road ... and kept waiting ....
All of a sudden this man came passing by, carrying this white bag with a dark brown pattern .... hah
Not what I had in mind, but nevertheless ...

Tri-X

Rgds
Velu

Steady Hand
Total Posts: 15596

I used to live in New York City....where there are millions of dogs and very little open ground for them to poop.

So, it was difficult to walk down some sidewalks (Upper East Side) without stepping in it....if one was not watching their feet on the walk.

The bags are a good idea.

As for the photo?

It look a little "gray" to me.

I suggest a bit more contrast.

Velu01

Steady Hand wrote:

As for the photo?

It look a little "gray" to me.

I suggest a bit more contrast.

Your wish .....

Steady Hand
Total Posts: 15596

Better...but even more.

Velu01

Steady Hand wrote:
Better...but even more.

Running out of contrast now !

deinfaces
Total Posts: 2466

It's true, the sign "pops" in the last image.

Velu01

deinfaces wrote:
It's true, the sign "pops" in the last image.

Thank you

Rgds
Velu

PS Better the sign than the bag !

deinfaces
Total Posts: 2466

elader
Total Posts: 4583

Steady Hand wrote:
I used to live in New York City....where there are millions of dogs and very little open ground for them to poop.

So, it was difficult to walk down some sidewalks (Upper East Side) without stepping in it....if one was not watching their feet on the walk.

Steady, I grew up in NYC, also on the upper east side for part of it. I can still remember when I was a kid and there was a big snowstorm and property owners would only shovel a narrow path, people used to walk their dogs on the snow piled along the curb. Once it melted, there would be this um..... dense minefield of soggy poop ... that appeared after the melt. Ah, the things you remember from your childhood...

neighbourboy
Total Posts: 2671

I have to confess that I wouldn't have gotten it without the explanation, but it's pretty funny when you explain it.

One thing that might make it even funnier for you, is that in the US (at least on the West Coast, sometimes these phrases change from location to location), doggy bag is sometimes what we call the bag that we put our food that we couldn't finish when eating at a restaurant, to bring home later. It would be kinda funny for us to head over to your part of the world and ask for a doggy bag at a restaurant, after eating a meal. That might get a few strange looks, eh?

--David

--David

Velu01

neighbourboy wrote:
I have to confess that I wouldn't have gotten it without the explanation, but it's pretty funny when you explain it.

One thing that might make it even funnier for you, is that in the US (at least on the West Coast, sometimes these phrases change from location to location), doggy bag is sometimes what we call the bag that we put our food that we couldn't finish when eating at a restaurant, to bring home later. It would be kinda funny for us to head over to your part of the world and ask for a doggy bag at a restaurant, after eating a meal. That might get a few strange looks, eh?

--David

--David

Imagine the other way around ... "Sir, you'd like to take a doggybag with you, in order to finish your meal at home ?"

Rgds
Velu