Jamaica
/forum/topic/1154880/0

Brad Williams
Total Posts: 673

Here are a few from my honeymoon in Jamaica.

I know the rule is 4 photos, but I couldn't decide which one to cut out...

1. Crazy cloud layers

2. Storm Rolling in

3. Stars and Clouds

4. Full moon and a Storm! This is the first time my "old" camera hurt me... The clouds were moving too fast to get a fast shutter at low ISO so its a big grany adn under exposed, but the light was so cool on the clouds, I just had to go for it!

5. Sunrise. I set the alarm every morning for sunrise. Day #7, finally got one!

dgdg
Total Posts: 2964

I like #3 best, would be nice to burn the bright lights down a bit if recoverable..
#4 is a pretty awesome sight. I wonder if using only local sharpening and noise reduction to different areas would shape this up a bit better.
#5 is a close second. great colors, light. Beautiful sunrise here. I'd level the horizon if you can avoid clipping the island, then remove the tiny wedge of island on the far right horizon.
Great photos!

Brad Williams
Total Posts: 673

dgdg wrote:
#5 is a close second. great colors, light. Beautiful sunrise here. I'd level the horizon if you can avoid clipping the island, then remove the tiny wedge of island on the far right horizon.
Great photos!

I can't believe I missed how crooked that horizon is!

Thanks for the feedback!

kevindar
Total Posts: 2512

1 is easily the weakest, compositionally, and general exposure.
I like the crop on 2 better. the image is a little flat and drab.
3, 4, and 5, are the money shots. both 4, and 5 you need to starighten the horizon. there appears to be a touch of halos around the island in 5. I do like all 3 of them, and cant pick one as my favorite.