Gunnar Eyewear for editing
/forum/topic/1154724/0

1
       2       end

paparazzinick
Registered: Jan 08, 2005
Total Posts: 7417
Country: United States

anyone ever use these? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gunnar+Eyewear+-+Gunnar+Gaming+Eyewear+%26%23151%3B+Vayper+Onyx+Frame/4833917.p?id=1218538977567&skuId=4833917&st=gunnar&cp=1&lp=1#tabbed-customerreviews

It was brought up today when talking to another photographer friend of mine. He said he uses them when he edits all day. Helps his eyes.

Thoughts?



Kegan Shattuck
Registered: Jan 08, 2012
Total Posts: 156
Country: United States

The lenses are yellow tinted...wouldn't that impact how you view color?



XPO239
Registered: May 22, 2006
Total Posts: 782
Country: United States

My videographer friend has a pair and he says the yellow tinted definitely affects the color. I don't know how you can wear this to color correct. Maybe for photographers who are color blind or only process in black and white?



paparazzinick
Registered: Jan 08, 2005
Total Posts: 7417
Country: United States

When I edit I usually cull images first. then go back and select the ones i want to be black and white and the ones i want to add a different touch to them or something special. after this is when i go back through and fix the white balance and color correct the images. this usually takes an hour per wedding since i can batch a group of photos with the same white balances. So for about 75% of my editing I could wear them. I was just wondering if anyone tried them or heard of them?



paparazzinick
Registered: Jan 08, 2005
Total Posts: 7417
Country: United States

Or does anyone know of something similar? I am beginning to think the 15 or so hours i spend in front of the computer some days is starting to hurt my eyes.



SloPhoto
Registered: Feb 18, 2008
Total Posts: 2755
Country: N/A

paparazzinick wrote:
Or does anyone know of something similar? I am beginning to think the 15 or so hours i spend in front of the computer some days is starting to hurt my eyes.


Upgrade your monitor or viewing environment. Those glasses are not a solution.



Lauren Carson
Registered: Oct 16, 2008
Total Posts: 134
Country: Canada

I spoke to a few optometrists about this actually, because I'd get headaches and my eyes would start to really hurt after editing (video) for 8-10 hours a day (they checked my vision, nothing wrong there) and all they could suggest was looking away from the screen every ~10 minutes and focusing on something farther away than your screen for 30 seconds to a minute. I'd asked about possible glasses for editing, and nah-zeeng. If there's something out there though that really does help I'd love to know what it is, 'cause long editing days are killer.



paparazzinick
Registered: Jan 08, 2005
Total Posts: 7417
Country: United States

SloPhoto wrote:
paparazzinick wrote:
Or does anyone know of something similar? I am beginning to think the 15 or so hours i spend in front of the computer some days is starting to hurt my eyes.


Upgrade your monitor or viewing environment. Those glasses are not a solution.



Ive tried eveything. At my day job I edit on a $5000 monitor. At home I have decent monitors as well. I have tried a well lit room, a dark room and everything in between. Doesnt matter. 10+ hours on the computer and I'm hurting. I need a solution like special glasses or something.



S-Man23
Registered: Jan 01, 2008
Total Posts: 393
Country: United States

Sounds like they might be at least worth a try:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-PnUHTl5YM



TTLKurtis
Registered: Jan 31, 2006
Total Posts: 10017
Country: United States

Take a break once in a while lol



SloPhoto
Registered: Feb 18, 2008
Total Posts: 2755
Country: N/A

TTLKurtis wrote:
Take a break once in a while lol


and do eye exercises.
(I sit at a computer 12+ hours a day)



MattSepeta
Total Posts:
Country:

Lol editing goggles!!!
My day job involves staring at a screen for 9 hours most days, so I am feeling eye strain as well. I find it is most helpful just to take small breaks every hour or so. I go play with my dog in the yard



cordellwillis
Registered: Aug 24, 2004
Total Posts: 5080
Country: United States

Lauren Carson wrote:
I spoke to a few optometrists about this actually, because I'd get headaches and my eyes would start to really hurt after editing (video) for 8-10 hours a day (they checked my vision, nothing wrong there) and all they could suggest was looking away from the screen every ~10 minutes and focusing on something farther away than your screen for 30 seconds to a minute. I'd asked about possible glasses for editing, and nah-zeeng. If there's something out there though that really does help I'd love to know what it is, 'cause long editing days are killer.


+1
This is pretty much the same thing I was told too.



sboerup
Registered: Oct 13, 2005
Total Posts: 9787
Country: United States

Maybe these will finally help to get the piss out of some images.



LivLif
Registered: Jan 31, 2010
Total Posts: 1928
Country: United States

sboerup wrote:
Maybe these will finally help to get the piss out of some images.




Scott Clark
Registered: Aug 21, 2007
Total Posts: 1574
Country: N/A

You can get yellow tinted shooting glasses at any sporting goods store for a few bucks if you want to see if it will do anything...but yea, I work at a computer all day and the advice from the eye doc has always just been to give 'em a break once in a while, focus on distant objects.



paparazzinick
Registered: Jan 08, 2005
Total Posts: 7417
Country: United States

TTLKurtis wrote:
Take a break once in a while lol



WHats that? lol



paparazzinick
Registered: Jan 08, 2005
Total Posts: 7417
Country: United States

SloPhoto wrote:
TTLKurtis wrote:
Take a break once in a while lol


and do eye exercises.
(I sit at a computer 12+ hours a day)



Please elaborate Is there a P90X for the eyes



SloPhoto
Registered: Feb 18, 2008
Total Posts: 2755
Country: N/A

paparazzinick wrote:
SloPhoto wrote:
TTLKurtis wrote:
Take a break once in a while lol


and do eye exercises.
(I sit at a computer 12+ hours a day)



Please elaborate Is there a P90X for the eyes


search for yoga eye exercises....

The gist is just to look as far as you can in every direction to try to stretch and relax the muscles in your eye.



S-Man23
Registered: Jan 01, 2008
Total Posts: 393
Country: United States

Just came across this if you want to try them out. They're on sale at W00t:
http://www.woot.com/plus/gunnar-gaming-glasses-galore



1
       2       end