And More CA-Waterfalls (4)
/forum/topic/1154653/0

1
       2       end

aFeinberg
Registered: Mar 15, 2006
Total Posts: 4195
Country: United States

These waterfalls blew my mind. Unreal displays of water!

Thanks for the c/c and thoughts

aF


1






2
"Burly Burney"






3






4






roguecoolman
Registered: Jul 07, 2005
Total Posts: 1805
Country: United States

The last one looks like something from Hawaii

Very nice photos.

Jason.



Rob Tillyer
Registered: Nov 17, 2007
Total Posts: 13970
Country: Canada

Very nice, the first has a really cool composition.

Rob



JimFox
Registered: Jan 11, 2005
Total Posts: 37575
Country: United States

Hey Aaron,

These are very cool looking. #1 and 4 are my favorites.

Jim

PS. You know that there is no reason to put the # of shots (4) in your title.



millsart
Registered: Apr 29, 2009
Total Posts: 4741
Country: N/A

JimFox wrote:

PS. You know that there is no reason to put the # of shots (4) in your title.



Those that are on slow connections or mobile devices sometimes like to know if a thread is going to be filled with tons of images. Really no different than mentioning in the title if a thread contains a very large resolution pano.



JimFox
Registered: Jan 11, 2005
Total Posts: 37575
Country: United States

millsart wrote:
JimFox wrote:

PS. You know that there is no reason to put the # of shots (4) in your title.



Those that are on slow connections or mobile devices sometimes like to know if a thread is going to be filled with tons of images. Really no different than mentioning in the title if a thread contains a very large resolution pano.


I understand why it was done 10 years ago. But there is no reason to do it anymore. I am on a mobile device a lot, and when I see (4) shots, it isn't going to stop me. Remember, these are 4 very low res images... My point is, the time is long gone to have to worry about the number of images, atleast here in the FM Landscape since 4 images is our limit anyway. Perhaps if he 20 photos had been posted like in some of the other forums, maybe I could see that. But still, to me, identifying how many photo's is in a thread was of polite consideration many years ago, but is no longer needed.

Jim



helenica
Registered: Mar 23, 2012
Total Posts: 1449
Country: Netherlands

Great series!



nburwell
Registered: Jan 15, 2006
Total Posts: 3347
Country: United States

Another wonderful series, Aaron! Thanks for sharing.

-Nick



andyjaggy82
Registered: Jan 25, 2006
Total Posts: 1305
Country: United States

Love that last one, and the first is probably my second favorite. Okay, where is this? It looks like Hawaii but you say CA in your title post which makes me think California.



blitzn
Registered: May 29, 2012
Total Posts: 172
Country: United States

JimFox wrote:
millsart wrote:
JimFox wrote:

PS. You know that there is no reason to put the # of shots (4) in your title.



Those that are on slow connections or mobile devices sometimes like to know if a thread is going to be filled with tons of images. Really no different than mentioning in the title if a thread contains a very large resolution pano.


I understand why it was done 10 years ago. But there is no reason to do it anymore. I am on a mobile device a lot, and when I see (4) shots, it isn't going to stop me. Remember, these are 4 very low res images... My point is, the time is long gone to have to worry about the number of images, atleast here in the FM Landscape since 4 images is our limit anyway. Perhaps if he 20 photos had been posted like in some of the other forums, maybe I could see that. But still, to me, identifying how many photo's is in a thread was of polite consideration many years ago, but is no longer needed.

Jim

Here in very rural montana it's still good to know how many pics. We have slow internet and mobile devices are still on 1X. We also thank you for paying the "rural connectivity Tax" on your phone bills as I see fiber optic being laid all over our valley. So maybe soon this won't be important to me, but not quite yet!



andyjaggy82
Registered: Jan 25, 2006
Total Posts: 1305
Country: United States

Never mind found the waterfall with a little sleuthing. Turns out I've driven by that area several times.... Go figure.



Jo Dilbeck
Registered: Dec 20, 2007
Total Posts: 2399
Country: United States

Ah, Burney Falls, so close to my home, and I'll be there myself in a few weeks. Lovely shots you've taken! The beautiful thing about Burney Falls is that it pretty much looks this way year round, it is fed via underground springs, which just seep out of the hill around the waterfall thus extending the "fall" effect. It can be 95-100 degrees as the parking lot, and 65-70 at waters edge, thus a great place to go in the summer!

Jo



aFeinberg
Registered: Mar 15, 2006
Total Posts: 4195
Country: United States

Thanks all

All shots in CA....and yes....it was 100 at Burney before I walked down...then had a long sleeve shirt on for the most part down there

And call me old-fashioned but i'll always put the number of photos there :P

aF



Jred
Registered: Dec 14, 2009
Total Posts: 1469
Country: United States

Very nice.

John



yosemitehiker
Registered: Oct 31, 2004
Total Posts: 367
Country: United States

Lovely pictures



Matt Anderson
Registered: Oct 12, 2006
Total Posts: 1115
Country: United States

Wow, what a set!
Fabulous work aF !!!



chris78cpr
Registered: Aug 27, 2003
Total Posts: 5670
Country: United Kingdom

That last one is fantastic!



Brad Williams
Registered: Apr 30, 2010
Total Posts: 560
Country: United States

All are fantastic shots, but #4 is that one that I really like. It has a lot more mood than the other 3.



thw2
Registered: Dec 27, 2004
Total Posts: 2839
Country: N/A

Fantastic series!



toddlio
Registered: Dec 22, 2011
Total Posts: 102
Country: United States

Nice series Aaron, #4 is a standout composition



1
       2       end