It's Snowing!!! :(
/forum/topic/1154122/0

2       end

LightShow
Total Posts: 5140

This year has been odd, a late spring, a short summer, and now it looks like fall/Autumn is over a month early, the first snow doesn't usually start till near Halloween....
Soo depressing. I still had a few fall shots I wanted to do, I hope the leaves don't all fall off now.

edwardkaraa
Total Posts: 7664

Well, at least you had your 4 seasons. Around here, it's hot, rainy, or hot and rainy

douglasf13
Total Posts: 6107

LightShow wrote:
This year has been odd, a late spring, a short summer, and now it looks like fall/Autumn is over a month early, the first snow doesn't usually start till near Halloween....
Soo depressing. I still had a few fall shots I wanted to do, I hope the leaves don't all fall off now.

Ugh, I'm jealous. Despite enjoying cool/cold weather, I live in Los Angeles, and it was over 100 degrees F today. Summer won't go away here!

LightShow

I used to enjoy winter as a kid, now, not so much, it's now just the gap between the seasons I do like.

mco_970
Total Posts: 5290

I am so sorry. Head south, and when it snows here, we'll head for Tuscon (Arizona). I flipping get tired of plowing snow...

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5849

I love winter in the Denver area. The first few snows, anyway. By the time we get to the April blizzard, I'm pretty much over it.

millsart
Total Posts: 4991

That is what used to be so fun about living in Denver. You could have an 80 degree sunny day and next thing you know 2 feet of snow on the ground followed by the next day back to 80 and sunny. Keeps you on your toes

Those 100mph windstorms were always interesting too!

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5849

Ah, yes, the wind. A friend of mine moved from San Jose to the foothills, close the Flatirons and El Dorado, and the very first contact she had with her neighbors was while she was retrieving her lawn furniture from their yards. After doing that a few times, she gave up and put it all in the garage, to be taken out when needed.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10705

hmm, today was the hottest day i've ever experienced in san francisco. made me wish i had air conditioning (only time that's ever happened here). we don't have any seasons here though. i kinda miss chicago winters (but not the summers).

thedigitalbean
Total Posts: 6247

Wow. I grew up in Alberta and I remember we always had one major storm just before Halloween but this is quite early.

In contrast, it was over 35 degrees C here in the bay area, also very unusual this late in the fall.

Gary Clennan
Total Posts: 5287

Way to go lightshow! You made me look out the window and indeed there is snow in Calgary....

LightShow

I'm sorry Gary, at least the weekend will be nice.

pingflood
Total Posts: 1609

Wow, we have not even hit freezing temps in Sweden yet (except for the far north). Though to be honest, I would trade the constant rain for the past weeks for a foot or two of snow on the ground.

johnahill
Total Posts: 2566

Feeling autumnal here in the uk, we seldom get snow, and when we do get it everything grinds to a halt.

michaelwatkins
Total Posts: 1703

While Calgary has snow oddly early, just to the west over the Rocky Mountains Vancouver has had a very unusual run of dry, mostly sunny every day, weather.

While it makes no sense to expect weather retribution, I can not shake the feeling that we will pay dearly with a gloomier and wetter winter than usual.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15960

You should all move to Berlin, the weather here is variable enough to stay interesting, i.e. shorts weather in the summer and snow in the winter, but not crazy extreme We could have some great alt meet-ups.

ukkisavosta
Total Posts: 418

Snow in Calgary? Wow. To echo pingflood, we haven't reached freezing temps in Finland yet, either.

Berlin would be nice weather-wise. I really need to catch one of the Berlin meets sometime.

Jaakko

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4725

Here in Minneapolis we will have our first freezing temperatures later this week. It's been beautiful and in the 70s during the day but that's all going to change. Saturday's high will only be in the mid 40s. But no forecast for snow . . . just yet!

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1553

I find it really interesting to see the diversity of climates all the ALT-guys live in, but why aren't there any pictures in this thread?
Western Germany this monday:

pingflood
Total Posts: 1609

carstenw wrote:
You should all move to Berlin, the weather here is variable enough to stay interesting, i.e. shorts weather in the summer and snow in the winter, but not crazy extreme We could have some great alt meet-ups.

I like what little I've seen of Germany so far, but I work in IT and it appears I would need about three Ph.Ds to get a job there

2       end