B&H Selling Canon 3D 46mp Body??
/forum/topic/1153983/0

MBMK
Total Posts: 1897

So they say...
I searched on B&H's website but apparently they took it down... hmm..

Source: http://www.nine-volt.com/main/radar/bh-photo-lets-the-canon-3d-cat-out-of-the-bag/

jeraldcook
Total Posts: 534

Photoshopped.

Looks like they changed the B&H # but Mfr # 5266B002 is the product number for a Canon Powershot Elph 510HS.

Edit: Hmmm, that was according to Google. B&H shows the 510HS as 5266B001.

Edit 2: Looks like 5266B002 might be the product code for the Canadian version of the 510HS.

hardlyboring
Total Posts: 8341

The canon 3D is coming out... and it is everything the 3D should NOT be.
I mean cool camera I am sure but the 5d3 should have been the 3D like years ago.

MBMK
Total Posts: 1897

Well I know Canon will answer to Nikon's 36mp D800. We'll find out how true it is soon.

sivrajbm
Total Posts: 3294

TTLKurtis
Total Posts: 9910

I actually wish the d800 was in a pro series body.

Scott Clark
Total Posts: 1574

I don't know guys...check out Canon Rumors.

RichardLavigne
Total Posts: 5353

I really do not think that canon will come out with anything called the "3D" because the marketing people will have to fight an uphill battle explaining why it doesn't shoot in 3D.. unless of course, it does shoot in 3D.

jeraldcook

Scott Clark wrote:
I don't know guys...check out Canon Rumors.

It's very well possible that Canon might announce something but that doesn't necessarily mean they have product ready to go to market. The rumor is only a CR1 after all. The 6D was announced a few weeks ago and it won't be to market until December. The 200-400 f/4 L has been known about for months and there is still no word on when it will be for sale.

I find it unlikely that the 3D is so close to being on sale that B&H is already coding its website for its sale.

sboerup
Total Posts: 9771

I really hope a 46mp body is coming. I don't care what its called.

joelconner
Total Posts: 3811

RichardLavigne wrote:
I really do not think that canon will come out with anything called the "3D" because the marketing people will have to fight an uphill battle explaining why it doesn't shoot in 3D.. unless of course, it does shoot in 3D.

Maybe...but I would think almost anyone who would be in the market enough to even hear of the camera would know that it is not a "3D" camera, per se. I could be wrong, though...there are many idiots in all stata

hardlyboring

The 3D will come soon enough... I mean seriously when the last time we heard a rumor from one of the rumor sites that was 100% false...
There are at least some truths to all those rumors. Whether it is called the 3D or not Canon will surely produce a megapixel beast soon.

jeraldcook

Canon Rumors just gave this rumor a CR0 (A bad joke or rumor).

Psychic1
Total Posts: 4601

Just placed my order, $9,000.00

Rickuz
Total Posts: 461

I'm hoping the 1D sized body rumours are as ludicrous as the ones floating about that the 6D would only have 11 AF points.

Oh snap..

Shutterbug2006
Total Posts: 1078

I would like a 46 megapixel sensor in a 1D body, myself.

hardlyboring

jeraldcook wrote:

I am not saying this particular rumor is real but the idea of a high megapixel canon body has been going around a while. They have it and I know because Nikon has 36 mp.... and Kitty K has 80 mp
haha

jeraldcook

hardlyboring wrote:
jeraldcook wrote:

I am not saying this particular rumor is real but the idea of a high megapixel canon body has been going around a while. They have it and I know because Nikon has 36 mp.... and Kitty K has 80 mp
haha

Just to clarify, I 100% believe a high megapixel camera is coming, I just don't think the B&H screenshot is legit.

canerino
Total Posts: 10656

man, this would be pretty amazing (assuming a pro AF system). 46mp RAW; 23mp mRAW; 12mp sRAW. game over.

Rickuz
Total Posts: 461

^ I've never used those options before, but I guess they can be quite handy on a 46MP camera.

However, I have heard that mRAW and sRAW "isn't entirely RAW".. Whatever that means.

Anyone with knowledge to explain?