MLS 2012 - LA Galaxy at Colorado Rapids
/forum/topic/1153814/0

Carl Auer
Total Posts: 9620

Capped off my busy weekend with a soccer game between Landon Donovan, David Beckham, the LA Galaxy and the Colorado Rapids. Figured out my focusing issues midway through the first half.

1. Lovely light as Donovan enters the pitch for warm ups. Beck's shadow on the wall behind Landon.

2. Beckham gets rubbed down by a trainer while smiling to all his fans.

3. Donovan pissed off the official and earned a yellow card. Beckham got a verbal warning for the words that came out of his mouth right after this photo

4. Donovan with a shot on goal

5. Sean Franklin attacks, setting up a corner kick for Beckham

6. One of Beck's corners. This one would be headed by a player, not sure who, right at me. As I spun from shooting this shot, to see either if I could grab the shot on goal or jube shot, I instead saw the ball coming right at me.

7. Beckham leaves the field after being replaced in the match

8. Oh yeah, Colorado was on the field too...Here, Conor Casey handles the ball

Game would end in a 1-1 tie.
All shots with the 7D and 120-300 2.8 except for pre game shots of Beckham and Donovan and Beckham's Corner. Those were the 1D MkII and 70-200 2.8.

Caleb Williams
Total Posts: 2617

I have to say, you have some great photos here (what else would one expect?). I have seen some Sigma 120-300s where they are a bit soft, but these are tack sharp (same with the football).

Carl Auer

thanks Caleb

Caleb Williams
Total Posts: 2617

You're welcome!

dj dunzie
Total Posts: 7020

Hey Carl... good to see another post from you. Loving #4 and #5.

Hey does that guy in #2 come by to massage your calves during the game action? I don't see Beckham hunching down with a 400/f2.8 for 2+ hours trying to get a low angle on the shot!

Carl Auer

I would have loved a massage during the second half, but a woman from the Denver Post was hand holding a 200-400 and probably would have got the massage over me with my 120-300 2.8.

Jeff_Stapleton
Total Posts: 1100

Great shots Carl

Carl Auer

thanks Jeff