Nikon V1 Reduced to $399 with 10-30 Lens
/forum/topic/1153650/0

2       3       end

Red Rover
Total Posts: 230

Found the link to this on Nikon Rumors. I can see owning a V1 at this price for the times I may not want to carry a DSLR. I'm broke this week but maybe next week. : )

http://www.adorama.com/INK1V1BK.html?emailprice=t&utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflaid63773

http://nikonrumors.com/

myam203
Total Posts: 1999

Wow! That's actually quite tempting...

Red Rover
Total Posts: 230

The speculation is that a V2 is forthcoming OR Nikon is discontinuing the V series.

I think I will wait to see what happens since this would be a nice toy that I don't really need.

This will make it tough to sell a V1 and get much of the purchase price back.

I felt shafted when Nikon dropped the D7000 a few weeks after I bought. V1 buyers really got the shaft.

lou f
Total Posts: 5205

my guess is theres a v2 on the way. i still think its the best daylight action mini camera, well if they made a 1 mount f2.8 zoom as against a two thousand buck 70-200 vrll...

rioni
Total Posts: 571

<edit> nm, sold out.

I'd go with a 5N w/ lens at around that price instead. http://www.adorama.com/ISONEX5NBK1.html?emailprice=t&utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflaid62905

david debalko
Total Posts: 818

Mike Yamin wrote:
Wow! That's actually quite tempting...

I feel the same way!

Rags Hef
Total Posts: 3063

Red Rover wrote:
The speculation is that a V2 is forthcoming OR Nikon is discontinuing the V series.

I think I will wait to see what happens since this would be a nice toy that I don't really need.

This will make it tough to sell a V1 and get much of the purchase price back.

I felt shafted when Nikon dropped the D7000 a few weeks after I bought. V1 buyers really got the shaft.

Well initially I thought I got the shaft when I sold mine for $450 after paying $838 - 6 months ago.

Now I feel lucky... crazy huh?

Rags

davidnholtjr
Total Posts: 1758

Thats a crazy price. Eather Nikon is trying to dump them because they just are not selling, or a newer one is coming.

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9758

Even if a newer one is coming, that's an unusually deep discount. I find it very tempting.

M635_Guy
Total Posts: 2392

Me too. I don't think I have the funds, but I'd love to figure it out...

(was still available to order as I posted this...)

treebeard
Total Posts: 7850

Wow, that IS really tempting. I just picked up a NEX-C3 with the kit lens and then the Sigma 19/2.8 lens. Man, that's almost robbery!

vchowdhary
Total Posts: 1206

Get this or an rx100 for the wife?

DavidWEGS
Total Posts: 3799

RX100, no question for someone who wants a P&S that fits a purse and give IQ on par or better than the V1.

vchowdhary
Total Posts: 1206

I guess RX100 it is (now if only it was cheaper by ~100)

With a 20 off coupon it was 379 for the v1, but I think I'll pass. Its not quite compact enough to carry without noticing. The Rx100 sounds like a better choice in this case.

sithbk
Total Posts: 1107

I loved the rx100. Amazing camera and not really need PS work. Only thing is that Sony had to use their own raw file format that won't work with LR OR PS.

hans98ko
Total Posts: 670

I think I recalled people saying that the 1 series were selling well.
If so, how come they still have so much stock to let go and at the same time slashing the price by almost half?
The D700 was selling well and until the last day that it was listed on the Nikon site the price did not took a 50% dive.

If only they have release this product at the recent price, it might have been a success, but now it is just too late to try to recover from the damage done.

I am sure by now the program manager is being bombarded by his senior management.

rh22
Total Posts: 1

Don't think it is being discontinued. They just released a J2 a few weeks ago.

If the V2 update is anything like the J2, might as well buy this if you are looking for a 1 series camera. If they released a V2 with the RX100 sensor, they might be onto something.

treebeard
Total Posts: 7850

sithbk wrote:
I loved the rx100. Amazing camera and not really need PS work. Only thing is that Sony had to use their own raw file format that won't work with LR OR PS.

My NEX files open fine with LR and CS6?

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7904

I've been experimenting with one, and recently picked up an FT1 as well. Love what I've been able to do with it.

It'd make a really nice 3x TC too.

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Even if a newer one is coming, that's an unusually deep discount. I find it very tempting.

cohenfive
Total Posts: 2979

i think they have been selling well but they have produced a ton of them, so there is inventory. i ended up buying a j1 2 lens kit locally off cl to replace my p&s that i take mostly on mtn bike rides and hikes....and it is really fun to use. i wish i had an evf, but i also am glad to have an on board flash, if only for fill in.

2       3       end