Denali
/forum/topic/1153494/0

Jason Lang
Total Posts: 657

Below is a photo of Mount McKinley with no post processing. Any processing suggestions? C&C welcomed.

Thanks,

Jay L

AuntiPode
Total Posts: 7136

Perhaps some cropping, sharpening, a mid-tone bump (USM at 16, 60, 0) and some layer adjustments, some with selections:

RustyBug
Total Posts: 13575

Took a stab at it.

I selectively pulled out some yellow & red in the whites, and some gamma masking to push some contrast in the shadows.

I normally avoid blue snow/shadows like the plague, but with the clean whites and the obvious blue sky, I think they work okay here in the foothills as they gradient to purple-black for some good separation.

Working off the little jpg ... I'm sure the file has some glorious detail in it to be extracted ... and or course, even more breathtaking to be there. A nice capture that likely will take some time for you to get it where you want it ... but well worth the effort.

A great scene that you can put in as much ... or as little ... drama as you choose.

As always S&P to taste.

ben egbert
Total Posts: 7154

I like you take here Rusty, and to the OP, this is a great image, wish it were mine.

Bob Jarman
Total Posts: 6593

Magnificent image - and with so many varying degrees of drama to add.

Well done all.

Bob

oldrattler
Total Posts: 5212

First, let me say this is a very nice image... I have attached a workup using all LR4.1 and Nik software... In LR I added +55 on clarity; +25 on vibrance... Then Nik Define I use auto preset noise reduction... ViVeza 2 structure +50; lightened road +20... Nik Color Efex Pro tonal contrast on MTs. left +20 highlights; -20 mid-tone; shadow +9... Tonal contrast on Mt. center +25... Sky Tonal contrast +10... Went to CS5 and sharpened for web... Just my interpolation... Jim

Jason Lang

Wow -- you all have some amazing post processing talent. Thanks a bunch for the suggestions. I'll put a little work in to the original and post results.

Thanks again,

Jay L

sbeme
Total Posts: 18076

Great shot, Jason!
Of all the versions, I like Karen's the best. Seems most realistic. But I think the foreground mountains should retain a bit more color.
Hope to see more.

Scott

Jason Lang

Still fiddling -- I have a few versions, but this is one that is more artistic/interesting:

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/70158857@N03/8054959319/]

AuntiPode
Total Posts: 7136

I like your latest. Here it is with a curves layer for a less foreboding rendition:

silvawispa
Total Posts: 693

I really like this image a lot.
All that is lacking for me is a real sense of depth, so I took a rather inadequate stab at it, using every trick in the book to get a more 3 dimensional feel to it.

Bob Jarman
Total Posts: 6593

Curious what BW might look like. Kept running into problens with stress along highest ridge lines. SEPro2 conversion,

Bob