GC ... Not A Bird's Eye ... file to play with
/forum/topic/1153160/0

RustyBug
Total Posts: 12537

Here's the file reduced by a factor of 16 to get it to fit in the upload parameters. I went with Bicubic Smoother to relieve some of the crunchies from resizing. As you can see, I haven't even cropped it yet, so this is what I've got to work with (just 16 times as many pixels).

The second one is a 100% crop (from the 32MP file) to give you some ideal of its detail level. Not too bad for a 24mm lens and a 7 year old camera.

ben egbert
Total Posts: 6103

Nice detail. Its surprising to me that you needed a 24 to do that many images for the pano.

RustyBug
Total Posts: 12537

I like shooting my pano's in portrait orientation and with about 33% overlap to help minimize horizontal distortion. I could likely get by with less, but it's kinda become my standard workflow ... old dogs, new tricks kinda thing. That and I'm too lazy to change lenses.

ben egbert
Total Posts: 6103

Here is a try from me. I had problems avoiding some banding or artifacts in the sky. I started over without my usually ACR steps and worked it from scratch in Photoshop. It did not want any sharpening and I had to apply most stuff with a mask that avoided the sky.

Just some curves, added contrast/darkening of the foreground, Topaz Pop and some Topaz color to get some saturation, then darkened the whole image with levels at .9

AuntiPode
Total Posts: 6646

Perhaps open the shadows with some Shadow/Highlights slider play, some color tweaks and a slight vignette?

Bob Jarman
Total Posts: 6120

My go at it - could stand some fine tuning...

Some luminosity layers, mid-tone contrast bump, Viveza2 and ColorEfex to finish...

Bob

oldrattler
Total Posts: 5126

Kent, Ran across your image and had to mess with it... First, I should note I am envious of this image... You did good... I cropped for a "More Traditional" pano look... Ran it through LR4, Nik Color efex, and Viveza... Finished off in CS5 with shadow / highlights, and selective sharpening... Hope I did not screw it up too bad... Jim