#101 Stargazing: Jupiter over Orion
/forum/topic/1153098/0

rotorwash4944
Total Posts: 159

Hello all, I've been a bit of a lurker; all your amazing photos have inspired me to post my first here.
Reading star charts by red light helps preserve night vision... and helps me enter this month's assignment
A bit of white light used to paint the trees as well. Thanks for looking. I welcome all comments.

Frank

gt_me_jon
Total Posts: 540

Nice first entry. I was fascinated by telescopes when i was growing up. Have you ever mounted a camera to your telescope?

rotorwash4944

Thank you. I have attached the camera as "prime focus," or using the telescope as the lens, but so far only to take moon photos. I could also buy a bracket to "piggyback" the camera on the top of the scope, to take some advantage of the scope's guidance. Only trouble with the type of scope I have is that it is an alt/azimuth mount, and so the sky will be seen to turn in long exposures as it arcs across the field of view. Lots of particulars to factor in, but there are some truly talented- and patient- people out there that take amazing shots!

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3102

Nice shot, welcome to the WA.

Norm

rotorwash4944

Hightraxx wrote:
Nice shot, welcome to the WA.

Norm

Many Thanks.

sailingpilot
Total Posts: 269

Frank -

Nice creative use of lighting. The sky and the red scope makes me think of the Red Planet, and the light-painted background gives depth to the image.

Welcome aboard!

Gregg

rotorwash4944

sailingpilot wrote:
Frank -

Nice creative use of lighting. The sky and the red scope makes me think of the Red Planet, and the light-painted background gives depth to the image.

Welcome aboard!

Gregg

Thanks! Im looking forward to learning a lot here.