Spaghetti Carbonara
/forum/topic/1152467/0

gregfountain
Total Posts: 6659

Hope you like it...we did!

cwebster
Total Posts: 3427

I think it's framed too tightly and needs more back light to make the spaghetti glisten more. And the greenery on the plate looks messy and needs tidying up.

Keep shooting.

<Chas>

gregfountain

cwebster wrote:
I think it's framed too tightly and needs more back light to make the spaghetti glisten more. And the greenery on the plate looks messy and needs tidying up.

Keep shooting.

<Chas>

Thanks Chas. I appreciate your input. I like it tight - to focus on the food, not the plate, etc. But I totally get what you are sayin! As for the chopped Parsley - well, some chefs sprinkle their plates, some like it clean - as you can tell, I like it messy!

Greg

douter
Total Posts: 11323

Greg:
I would crop this at least to the inner rim of the bowl, and as suggested, clean up a little of the greenery. Oh and I'll have a double order, if you please.
Douglas

nburwell
Total Posts: 3438

I suppose I'm in the minority here that actually likes the tight crop (but I'm far from a pro when it comes to food photography).

The meal itself looks absolutely delicious! You have succeeded at making me hungry!

-Nick

gregfountain

douter wrote:
Greg:
I would crop this at least to the inner rim of the bowl, and as suggested, clean up a little of the greenery. Oh and I'll have a double order, if you please.
Douglas

Thanks Douglas...well. I guess we will have to agree to disagree but ill certain serve you up a double order Nonetheless!

Greg

gregfountain

nburwell wrote:
I suppose I'm in the minority here that actually likes the tight crop (but I'm far from a pro when it comes to food photography).

The meal itself looks absolutely delicious! You have succeeded at making me hungry!

-Nick

Thanks Nick! I'm far from a pro as well but I know what I like and what works for me. There are so many food photographers I admire, and they all have their own style. Some shoot tight, some set up an environment, and the food isn't necessarily the star of the show. I love to cook, so I want the food to shine, just not artificially!

Greg