In praise of PetKal
/forum/topic/1152076/0

2       3       4       end

Candrews9
Total Posts: 87

I noticed today our friend PetKal is one or two days away from his 20,000th post, mainly on this forum.

Perhaps other posters are more prolific, but I would argue none more distinctive. I always read his posts with interest.

I also have to admit a fascination with the delete fetish. It's almost kinky, the tease with which he posts incredible shots and then deletes them. I wonder every day what goes through his mind as he hits the delete button. I mean, if I were to post such pics, I would obsessively monitor my views and pray my post would stay bumped for a few days to beef up my views. I would never delete them, because, hey, they're bound for posterity.

I would appreciate any gentle insights you may have into this fascinating, enigmatic character.

onegreatcity
Total Posts: 1494

He's a gentleman of his word. A couple of years back, as a relatively new member of FM, I spoke with Peter by phone before buying a lens from him off the buy & sell. What was conservatively described as 'excellent' over the phone proved well beyond once in hand. I too enjoy his posts and his photos.

PetKal
Total Posts: 25271

Well, thank you for those nice words, Carter and Cam, although I do not quite see what I have done/written differently than many a prolific FM contributor.

However, please allow me to explain one thing now. A couple of years ago two of my rather ordinary images were copied and displayed on another forum without my knowledge or credit given to me. To add salt to injury, the perpetrator thought that my concern about that was funny and frivolous, but eventually I got the site administrator to take care of that matter.

In response to that unpleasant experience, I have decided to limit the opportunity for similar incidents by curtailing the duration of my picture posts. It must have worked, because I haven't had a problem since. It is interesting though that those pictures were not "borrowed" for their good quality, it was a rather uncommon subject which they were after......a juvenile Tiger heron from Mexico.

skibum5
Total Posts: 16902

PetKal wrote:
Well, thank you for those nice words, Carter and Cam, although I do not quite see what I have done/written differently than many a prolific FM contributor.

However, please allow me to explain one thing now. A couple of years ago two of my rather ordinary images were copied and displayed on another forum without my knowledge or credit given to me. To add salt to injury, the perpetrator thought that my concern about that was funny and frivolous, but eventually I got the site administrator to take care of that matter.

In response to that unpleasant experience, I have decided to limit the opportunity for similar incidents by curtailing the duration of my picture posts. It must have worked, because I haven't had a problem since. It is interesting though that those pictures were not "borrowed" for their good quality, it was a rather uncommon subject which they were after......a juvenile Tiger heron from Mexico.

then again just as nobody as stolen your shots in years, nobody has seen a shot of yours in years either

i wonder if it works though since you have any given image gone instantly, but post so often that you also have at any instant always an image or two online for the grabbing....

(it does explain things since many had wondered about the kinky post and delete tease fetish not my words )

maybe the moral is to simply not shoot juvenile Tiger herons from Mexico (laden)

n0b0
Total Posts: 5654

Looks like you got yourself a groupie Peter.

M Vers
Total Posts: 10982

Candrews9 wrote:
I also have to admit a fascination with the delete fetish. It's almost kinky, the tease with which he posts incredible shots and then deletes them...

Shit just got real....

real creepy.

Candrews9
Total Posts: 87

Well, Peter's post proves his storytelling is as clean and pristine as his photography.

I hate that the action of a puerile prick several years ago still costs me the chance to see most of the images, but, on the other hand, I'd miss the cat and mouse feeling of the posts if they stopped being deleted.

RobertLynn
Total Posts: 11718

E does do the delete thing too much with his great photos but Petkal is a good dude. Super talented, very knowledgable.

Likable too, he's even trying to get me to move to Canada and live with him!

paulfeng
Total Posts: 801

RobertLynn wrote:
E does do the delete thing too much with his great photos but Petkal is a good dude. Super talented, very knowledgable.

Candidate for post of the year.

StillFingerz
Total Posts: 3672

Friend, mentor, pijun shooter, incredible image maker, gentleman, master wielder of great white canons

saneproduction
Total Posts: 1252

He helped me buy my 200 1.8L ... For that I sent him cheese.. Very old cheddar!

RobertLynn
Total Posts: 11718

paulfeng wrote:
RobertLynn wrote:

Candidate for post of the year.

I didn't mean to steal petkals thunder. I'd be happy to live in someone that talented shadow.

PetKal

This is getting better and better , but I did enjoy the cheese....the best chedder I have ever tasted.

Paul_R_Canada
Total Posts: 151

Hmmm- I love a good roast - medium or well done Peter

jcolwell
Total Posts: 21994

Who cut the cheese?

PetKal

jcolwell
Total Posts: 21994

Looks like a lleprechaun (i.e. a Welsh leprechaun).

StillFingerz
Total Posts: 3672

So he bates his pijuns with Cheddar...I'm crushed

mttran
Total Posts: 6972

Best coaching he is....Thanks, Peter

PetKal

StillFingerz wrote:
So he bates his pijuns with Cheddar...I'm crushed

2       3       4       end