Anyone shoot Hasselblad?
/forum/topic/1151321/0

1
       2       3       4       end

jerrykur
Registered: Feb 15, 2005
Total Posts: 4254
Country: United States

I was watching this video and found something appealing about these cameras. I don't know why.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50UmC6uutMo&feature=g-all-u



LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 5196
Country: Canada

I shoot a Hassy, it's the model known as NEX-7
Sorry I couldn't resist.



Tariq Gibran
Registered: Oct 01, 2006
Total Posts: 10890
Country: United States

I shot 500/ V series for a long time. Great cameras imo.



redisburning
Registered: Jul 16, 2011
Total Posts: 1094
Country: United States

you can still rent them.

maybe you should give it a try?



Makten
Registered: Jul 14, 2008
Total Posts: 4048
Country: Sweden

Oh yes! Mine is black.


Hasselblad 500 C/M by Martin Hertsius, on Flickr


But that dude in the movie doesn't seem to know what he's doing.



ken.vs.ryu
Registered: Apr 24, 2005
Total Posts: 3547
Country: N/A

you'll love a 500cm after seeing that video.



panos.v
Registered: Dec 15, 2005
Total Posts: 4017
Country: United Kingdom

A black 501CM is my main camera and I'm looking to add a 553 (motorised like the one this joker in the video had). It is simply sublime to use. The end result depends purely on the user



Antje
Registered: Aug 19, 2002
Total Posts: 6157
Country: Germany

I shoot a 500 C/M from time to time. Love it!

Antje



Tareq
Registered: Aug 17, 2006
Total Posts: 414
Country: United Arab Emirates

I have Hasselblad H4D-60 and Hasselblad 501CM, any particular question you are looking for?

I am not a professional yet with those cameras, but i am happy to shoot with them.



michaelwatkins
Registered: Oct 08, 2011
Total Posts: 1703
Country: Canada

If Kai is going to lug around a Hassy with a motor drive, he might prefer to use a Rollei instead.



Film is easier to load, too.



Lotusm50
Registered: Sep 26, 2005
Total Posts: 6228
Country: United States

Tareq wrote:
I have Hasselblad H4D-60 and Hasselblad 501CM, any particular question you are looking for?

I am not a professional yet with those cameras, but i am happy to shoot with them.



Yet?



Tariq Gibran
Registered: Oct 01, 2006
Total Posts: 10890
Country: United States

Lotusm50 wrote:
Tareq wrote:
I have Hasselblad H4D-60 and Hasselblad 501CM, any particular question you are looking for?

I am not a professional yet with those cameras, but i am happy to shoot with them.



Yet?



You do know that is a different "Tariq" with an "e", right?

BTW, I think pretty much everyone has wanted to "shoot" Hasselblad lately!



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 16052
Country: Germany

Michael, is that the 180/2.8?

I loved the Hasselblad V cameras, and have kept a 2000FC/M with 80/2.8 (I still have to get rid of the 203FE, but have been too lazy to put it on eBay so far), but I also added a Rolleiflex 6008i for its pure competence and trueness of aim. Very cool cameras. I don't like the H*D cameras much, but they are competent.



freaklikeme
Registered: Apr 08, 2005
Total Posts: 5881
Country: United States

Tariq Gibran wrote:
Lotusm50 wrote:
Tareq wrote:
I have Hasselblad H4D-60 and Hasselblad 501CM, any particular question you are looking for?

I am not a professional yet with those cameras, but i am happy to shoot with them.



Yet?



You do know that is a different "Tariq" with an "e", right?

BTW, I think pretty much everyone has wanted to "shoot" Hasselblad lately!


I was just thinking the same thing.

To the op: Yes, a 500c/m with a 50/4, 80/2.8, 120/4 kit.



Spyro P.
Registered: Mar 24, 2008
Total Posts: 2925
Country: Australia

jerrykur wrote:
I was watching this video and found something appealing about these cameras. I don't know why.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50UmC6uutMo&feature=g-all-u


did they allow this video in the US? but there is someone smoking a cigarette in it

()



Policar
Registered: Mar 22, 2006
Total Posts: 69
Country: N/A

The add ons (finder and automatic film advance) seem pointless, but the 500 series with the 80mm planar and waist level finder is just such a fun camera to shoot with. The kit above is a great example. There's this elegance to it with the square aspect ratio and everything and the finder that's the same size as the negative that's just great and it's small and light. Until you put a 40mm distagon on it. I owned an RZ system that I sold most of and it was awesome, but nothing beats the Hasselblad for feel, and the big 7x7 mirror slapping around made the image less sharp than I wanted on the RZ system although the lenses are excellent for it.

My dream 120 camera system is the Mamiya 7ii. So nice.



AmbientMike
Registered: Feb 04, 2010
Total Posts: 1509
Country: United States

If you found it appealing you should try one. I don't think the film bodies like the workhorse 500's are that expensive. The Zeiss lenses are almost certainly very sharp



wfrank
Registered: Feb 09, 2011
Total Posts: 2977
Country: Sweden

Is there a site where the main features/differences between all those bodies are listed?



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 16052
Country: Germany

There is this: http://www.photoethnography.com/equipment.html (look down a bit), but it is not complete.

Basically, unless you are using flash, all 500-series cameras can be summarised by saying that they have no metering or other features, and use only leaf-shutter lenses (C, CF, CFi, CFE) The 2000-series has a focal plane shutter and can use F and FE lenses, but still have no metering. The 200-series is a bit mixed, but some of them are fairly advanced, with metering. They also have a focal plane shutter and take F and FE lenses. Both 2000- and 200-series cameras can also use C/CF/etc. lenses.

Are you wondering which one to maybe buy?



Makten
Registered: Jul 14, 2008
Total Posts: 4048
Country: Sweden

Policar wrote:
The add ons (finder and automatic film advance) seem pointless...


Once you've tried the prism viewfinder, you'll probably change your mind. Yes, it's a bit bulky, but you get an 1.0x magnification with the 80 mm lens and I haven't tried any camera with a nicer OVF ever. It's just amazing.



1
       2       3       4       end