46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X To Be Announced Before PhotoPlus ?
/forum/topic/1151237/15

1       2       3              15      
       17       end

EB-1
Total Posts: 22261

So there is a joker at the BH?

EBH

Psychic1
Total Posts: 4379

Shutterbug2006 wrote:
Psychic1 wrote:
It's a misprint They gave me the number.

Really? So they're suggesting it's not a rumour then?

Not a rumour!!!

The 1DX is a sports body and the 3D will be their studio body instead of the S designation.

If you recall, I pulled my 1DsIII from Buy & Sell when the 1DX specs were released.

vsg28
Total Posts: 1227

EB-1 wrote:
So there is a joker at the BH?

EBH

Most likely a joker elsewhere. It is very easy to modify an item page, especially when there seems to only have been 1 person who saw/copied the page.

RobDickinson
Total Posts: 3328

On the upside thats $8000 I dont need to find now.

dreamplayer
Total Posts: 67

If 3d was with 1DX body and focus system, the price would be... above 7K, I guess...

jctriguy
Total Posts: 1074

retrofocus wrote:
n0b0 wrote:
There's no such international standard in camera components except the connections from the camera to an external device.

Okay - even better, create your own standard how to put the parts together! You even avoid the patent infringement in such case. Sorry, but so far nobody could give me fact-based reasons why someone couldn't try to develop a modular DSLR system - given that this would need experience in this technology. I also don't mean that the customer needs to build it him/herself, but more that a company offers to stack given modules together depending on the performance need of the customer. I am pretty certain that this would be a successful idea as long as there is an advantage for the consumer to buy such a modular built camera (like cost and better fit for the need, also better lens compatibility to established lens manufacturers for example).
Realistically this won't happen soon. The camera market is not going well, profits are down quite a bit, so it would be very hurdlesome for someone to even start with such new business.

You have plenty of facts. Precision alignment is not required in PC's. Modular systems are always larger than integrated systems, the connections take up extra space and add weakness to the system. The modular systems in place (RED, medium format) only add the accessories not the core functions. You can't opt for a different AF system or circuit boards, just storage and viewfinders, etc. Firmware would also be an issue, a company would need to develop a new OS or open source software. Personally I'd hate using a camera that was buggy and crashed just as a bird or athlete crossed the frame.

And it would most certain,y be more expensive than current offerings. The market would be too small for the costs to be reduced, it is a niche market compared to computers.

Ralph Conway
Total Posts: 3827

Psychic1 wrote:
They opened at 8PM and I have a friend that works for them, so, I'm first on the list

You are a tough guy, Psychic! I would never order a camera I did not had my hands on before. Hope there is no "pixel issue" It has plenty of them ...

R.

kewlcanon
Total Posts: 4404

Hey Ralph...this is your dream camera... somebody said it's 5D III replacement hahahaha

http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/10/is-canon-eos-1s-the-name-cr1/

EB-1

Yeah, replacing an X with an S in PS is a real challenge.

EBH

kewlcanon
Total Posts: 4404

It's an Internet rumor for now... the name could actually be 1D XXX .

EB-1 wrote:
Yeah, replacing an X with an S in PS is a real challenge.

EBH

mttran
Total Posts: 6529

"superior low ISO performance from the sensor" ...very charming rumor...bring it on canon...give us some hope

EB-1

Superior to what, a digital Rebel?

EBH

Psychic1

Gentlemen
Please remind me, when was the last time Canon missed an opportunity to put their hands in our pockets.
A $9,000.00 - 46mp 1DsX will soon be a reality.

Ralph Conway

Psychic1 wrote:
Gentlemen
Please remind me, when was the last time Canon missed an opportunity to put their hands in our pockets.

I canīt remember .... wait! - ... no ...

Ralph Conway

kewlcanon wrote:
Hey Ralph...this is your dream camera... somebody said it's 5D III replacement hahahaha

http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/10/is-canon-eos-1s-the-name-cr1/

If it keeps what is promised and I expect, my DC (dream camera) will be the 6D, "kewly".
And I hope it will fullfill my needs for the next 5-6 years.

EB-1

Psychic1 wrote:
Gentlemen
A $9,000.00 - 46mp 1DsX will soon be a reality.

I would be first in line to buy a couple. However, I might not want Canon putting hands in my pants. It depends on which rep.

EBH

ggreene
Total Posts: 1666

Haha, gotta love this rumor. If it is in a 1D type body, so much for all of Canon's posturing over wanting a unified 1D. In the end it was all just about increasing the cost of the two. Instead of $5K/$7K we get $7K/$10K.

EB-1

It douod bye omebodybat' Canon

risedal
Total Posts: 31

mttran wrote:
"superior low ISO performance from the sensor" ...very charming rumor...bring it on canon...give us some hope

If we should believe Canon every time Canon come out with a new camera my latest Canon should have at least 25 stops of DR.

Psychic1

ggreene wrote:
Haha, gotta love this rumor. If it is in a 1D type body, so much for all of Canon's posturing over wanting a unified 1D. In the end it was all just about increasing the cost of the two. Instead of $5K/$7K we get $7K/$10K.

Canon will customize the new X bodies with RED focus points for an additional $2,000/00.

1       2       3              15      
       17       end