Austin // Senior
/forum/topic/1151014/0

2       end

neighbourboy
Total Posts: 2650

I don't get the opportunity to do this often. This family are good friends of mine. We didn't really have a specific plan, just kinda cruised around the city and stopped at stuff we thought was cool and took pictures. It was a heckuva lot of fun.

I'm always open to critique.

--David

8 So, there's a story with the top right laugh. We were taking the pictures and he was giving me the serious face on the left. Then these cute girls walk by, directly behind us in some sort of conversation. Literally, right as they walk past us, one says to the other, something to the effect of "I really hate it, when he forgets to put his condom on" and Austin loses it. No more serious faces for quite a while after that one.

friscoron
Total Posts: 5226

Ha! What a great story! She may have been talking about me. Was she a cute blonde?

Great series!!! You say you don't get an opportunity to do this much. Why the heck not? This series rocks!!! My favorites are (pick a number!).

TTee
Total Posts: 78

Excellent. What is the building in the series he is wearing a suit in?

neighbourboy

Thanks much, Ron. A couple reasons I don't do it much. Time being a big one and I don't know many seniors - I typically just shoot friends and family, type of things.

TTee that's stadium high school http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_High_School. Kinda funny because it's not actually where he is graduating from, but it was close to where we were hanging out, so we took a few shots there.

jzucker
Total Posts: 2511

great stuff!

Ana Reyes
Total Posts: 636

Nicely done David!!! On 3 bottom left get rid of that wrapper on the ground in front.

jseno327
Total Posts: 154

awesome set!

Ed Swift
Total Posts: 1690

Wow great set, all look fantastic.

neighbourboy

Thanks again, everybody.

Al, I didn't even notice the wrapper, thanks, I'll be sure and remove that. I actually had to spend a minute picking up garbage before shooting, because it was all over the place. Guess I missed a piece ;-)

--David

davenfl
Total Posts: 4076

Handsome young man and an excellent set of images. Your story is too funny, would make a great scene in a movie.

Dave

ESC in KC
Total Posts: 2685

Nice work - lots of good environmental shots and captures of his personality. Bet he loves these.

benee
Total Posts: 1768

Good stuff! 3 and 4 are probably my faves.

vawill84
Total Posts: 283

really awesome set David, havent been on here all that much lately, but it was a joy viewing this. So many good points of view.

Velu01
Total Posts: 2586

Great serie !

My favourites #1, 2 and 7.

My comments ...
Just wonder, why did you put the same picture ( actually a crop), in #3 ?

It can work, but not if you maintain the same height of your subject.
Same in #7 but there you did apply tilt and shift in Photoshop ... gives away you did not used "the real thing"
Personally I would avoid to post the same pictures with different post-processing.

Rgds
Velu

zalmyb
Total Posts: 1597

These are great David!! I'll try to comment a bit more in detail when I get the chance (crazy holiday season here).

Really good stuff.

neighbourboy

Thanks once again, everybody.

Wil, good to hear from you, I've been a bit sparse around here myself.

Velu, you bring up some very good points. In 3, the honest reason I have basically the same picture, is because I was lame and didn't have another picture in portrait orientation to put next to his head shot. Technically it actually is a different picture, not just a crop, but your point is still valid.

7 is actually the real deal with T/S, but your comment is still fair that there is too much similarity. Really great feedback, thanks very much.

--David

Velu01
Total Posts: 2586

neighbourboy wrote:
Thanks once again, everybody.

Wil, good to hear from you, I've been a bit sparse around here myself.

Velu, you bring up some very good points. In 3, the honest reason I have basically the same picture, is because I was lame and didn't have another picture in portrait orientation to put next to his head shot. Technically it actually is a different picture, not just a crop, but your point is still valid.

7 is actually the real deal with T/S, but your comment is still fair that there is too much similarity. Really great feedback, thanks very much.

--David

David,

Glad to hear that you did use "the real thing", and I would not have doubt that IF you'd only post one "version".
When I see a "T/S" effect, I wonder if it's post processed or not.
Yours did look quiet nice, so the similar picture taken without the tilt and shift adjustment gave me the impression you were "just" a good post-processer.
Sorry for that !
Which T/S lens did you use ?

Rgds
Velu

PS Can't believe you are lame ... for me, I don't climb trees to get nice pictures !!!

neighbourboy

No worries, I really appreciated your comments. I'm using the Canon 45 T/S.

Take care
--David

Donald Yeager
Total Posts: 493

neighbourboy wrote:
No worries, I really appreciated your comments. I'm using the Canon 45 T/S.

Take care
--David

Sweet! Now that brings up a question - in 1, the image of him hanging from the branch, can you please explain how you got him in focus and the tree? I've been playing around with my 45 and cant seem to find the answer. Help?!

Ryanthedino
Total Posts: 2090

Pretty good, they just seem a bit over sharpened to me

2       end