Mixed Bag at the Pond
/forum/topic/1151001/0

1
       2       3       end

Herb Houghton
Registered: Feb 15, 2007
Total Posts: 20524
Country: United States

Yep, from a buddy's pond. Here's from the first venture of the season, a tad early for sure.

Herb



Herb Houghton
Registered: Feb 15, 2007
Total Posts: 20524
Country: United States


#5-8



Karl Witt
Registered: Jul 11, 2007
Total Posts: 32694
Country: United States

Must be a nice big pond, well stocked too

I hope you and your 'buddy' had a good time herb, you need a shorter lens #7 Those are some mighty fine fish coming out of that pond!
Black Vulture is ugly cool looking Cormies tail looks like a fish tail #2.

Glad you had eagles to enjoy, and that look from the Osprey is wild!!

Karl



Jude Perera
Registered: Jan 10, 2007
Total Posts: 8051
Country: Sri Lanka

Wow.. great set.


Jude



David Leask
Registered: Nov 19, 2003
Total Posts: 34894
Country: United Kingdom

Fabulous set Herb, thanks for sharing
David



kmunroe
Registered: Feb 02, 2010
Total Posts: 29181
Country: Canada

it's a nice set Herb



surfnron
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 30789
Country: United States

All the eagles are very nice Herb. Cormies look good too. Great detail on the vulture - The O is super too - first time I have seen a catch light on the bottom of the eye in an IF shot ~ Ron



Mark Cronin
Registered: Nov 05, 2011
Total Posts: 2385
Country: United States

Great opening set Herb.
Outstanding detail on the vulture.
Mark



Charlie Shugart
Registered: Feb 06, 2007
Total Posts: 28515
Country: United States

Herb- The Peanut Gallery likes these pictures.
Charlie



KCollett
Registered: Jul 02, 2010
Total Posts: 22663
Country: Canada

Nice work Herb. The vulture is my pick of the set. It certainly gets my ugly vote too.



dorian
Registered: Feb 20, 2011
Total Posts: 2999
Country: N/A

black vulture is a good find for your neck of the woods! the eagle shots are super as they normally are when produced by you herb.

dorian



Herb Houghton
Registered: Feb 15, 2007
Total Posts: 20524
Country: United States

Karl Witt wrote:
Must be a nice big pond, well stocked too

I hope you and your 'buddy' had a good time herb, you need a shorter lens #7 Those are some mighty fine fish coming out of that pond!
Black Vulture is ugly cool looking Cormies tail looks like a fish tail #2.

Glad you had eagles to enjoy, and that look from the Osprey is wild!!

Karl


Hey Karl, thanks for stopping by and commenting.



Herb Houghton
Registered: Feb 15, 2007
Total Posts: 20524
Country: United States

Jude Perera wrote:
Wow.. great set.


Jude


Thanks for the thumbs Jude



raymondjbarlow
Registered: Mar 16, 2006
Total Posts: 4671
Country: Canada

beauties Herb... Wondering if you received my pm?



Herb Houghton
Registered: Feb 15, 2007
Total Posts: 20524
Country: United States

David Leask wrote:
Fabulous set Herb, thanks for sharing
David


thanks for looking David



Herb Houghton
Registered: Feb 15, 2007
Total Posts: 20524
Country: United States

kmunroe wrote:
it's a nice set Herb


Hey Kenny, thanks a lot



Herb Houghton
Registered: Feb 15, 2007
Total Posts: 20524
Country: United States

surfnron wrote:
All the eagles are very nice Herb. Cormies look good too. Great detail on the vulture - The O is super too - first time I have seen a catch light on the bottom of the eye in an IF shot ~ Ron


Hey Ron. Thanks for the comments. I have many shots with the catch eye in the bottom. Anytime there's snow or bright rocks below a backlit raptor, reflected light always produces a nice catchlight.



surfnron
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 30789
Country: United States

Herb Houghton wrote:
surfnron wrote:
All the eagles are very nice Herb. Cormies look good too. Great detail on the vulture - The O is super too - first time I have seen a catch light on the bottom of the eye in an IF shot ~ Ron


Hey Ron. Thanks for the comments. I have many shots with the catch eye in the bottom. Anytime there's snow or bright rocks below a backlit raptor, reflected light always produces a nice catchlight.


Hmmm - maybe I should have said first time I've noticed it ~ Ron



Thomas Sanders
Registered: Aug 17, 2008
Total Posts: 15535
Country: United States

That's one great pond Herb!
Eagles are looking good and love the Osprey image with that lighting

Tom



Frogfish
Registered: May 20, 2011
Total Posts: 2798
Country: China

Beautiful work as usual Herb. Love the detail on the vulture.



1
       2       3       end