Epson2200:Excessive Ink Usage Problem
/forum/topic/1150364/0

Peter Urbanski
Total Posts: 333

My trusty, old Epson 2200 printer is using ink like crazy. Is there an ink waste pad located inside that I can change or clean? Do you think this is the problem? If not, what could it be? I would appreciate any help.

Kittyk
Total Posts: 4405

i thought it was a feature of the entry level printers?

cwebster
Total Posts: 3416

The waste ink pad is accessible by moving the print head off its rest position. It has been suggested on the web that you saturate the pad with windex and then use rolls of tissue/napkin to blot up the ink so much as possible.

I have tried this technique for head cleaning and it works fairly well. But 2200's are getting pretty long in the tooth and they were never ink sippers to begin with. Maybe it's time for a new printer??

<Chas>

cwebster
Total Posts: 3416

Kittyk wrote:

The 2200 is far from an entry level printer. It was the state of the art pro photo printer, when it was introduced 10 or so years ago at a price in the $700 neighborhood. They still produce great-looking prints every day for a lot of people. Mine just quit after 8 years of service. Just don't ask how much I've spent on ink for it

<Chas>

Kittyk
Total Posts: 4405

cwebster wrote:
Kittyk wrote:

The 2200 is far from an entry level printer. It was the state of the art pro photo printer, when it was introduced 10 or so years ago at a price in the $700 neighborhood. They still produce great-looking prints every day for a lot of people. Mine just quit after 8 years of service. Just don't ask how much I've spent on ink for it

<Chas>

2200 was by far not state of the art pro photo printer. It was A3+ Paper only printer with small tanks. They always were expensive. Cheap to purchase but you pay it thousand times over the years with ink.