The new Canon 6D - Full frame, 20.2 MP
/forum/topic/1149560/0

1
       2       3       4       5       end

martinezphoto
Registered: Aug 17, 2009
Total Posts: 874
Country: United States

UPDATE - sample images and videos direct from Canon:

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/samples/eos6d/



Okay Canon shooters, your D600 has just arrived. Apparently Canon and Nikon see a very similar niche as these cameras were announced only days apart and are virtually identical in terms of specs:

Full frame

20.2 MP

Processor : Digic 5+

ISO: native 100 - 25,600

Continuous shooting: 4.5 fps

Focus points: 11

Let's see how the rest of the details shake out but one thing is for sure - both manufacturers are making a full frame option that is going to be very tempting for enthusiasts looking to move up.

So what do you think Canon shooters - is this new 6D for you?


http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/09/canon-eos-6d-official-specs/




jorkata
Registered: Sep 02, 2009
Total Posts: 703
Country: United States

11 AF points? Oops, Canon did it again. WTF ?

Here are the specs of DPreview:
http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/slrs/canon_eos6d



hardlyboring
Registered: Apr 19, 2008
Total Posts: 8344
Country: United States

This is the first time in my life and in my business career as a photographer that I am not all OMG about new cameras coming out.... well SLR's at least.
At this point I do not see my D3 becoming irrelevant for like... ever in terms of a digital body.



sboerup
Registered: Oct 13, 2005
Total Posts: 9773
Country: United States

Seems weird, really weird, it's like 85% of what the 5D3 is, but probably like 40% cheaper. Looks like the used 5D2 market is about to explode.



D. Diggler
Registered: Dec 27, 2011
Total Posts: 5786
Country: United States

sboerup wrote:
really weird, it's like 85% of what the 5D3 is, but probably like 35% cheaper


No mention of Auto-Focus Micro Adjust.

And only ONE of the eleven auto-focus points is a cross point?
Same AF as 5D classic/5D2?



tonyhart
Registered: Jan 25, 2008
Total Posts: 2349
Country: United Kingdom

I'm thinking this might make a really good remote or 'special applications' camera. I often rig my old 20D as a remote camera but it's often in low light environments and it suffers a bit. Likewise, the wifi connectivity could make it much more powerful in this area.



MAC
Registered: Feb 10, 2002
Total Posts: 1002
Country: United States

wifi transfer and remote is good -- for my ipad and iphone

have to wait to see sensor performance

they said AF is good in low light -- have to wait to see

5 EC is good also. Also have to wait to see its compatibility with radio flash systems - odin, etc



swoop
Registered: Feb 11, 2005
Total Posts: 1482
Country: United States

Say it with me guys, "Consumer market." It's not meant for the pro's hence all the crippled features. Basically full frame and sensor size has been the buzz term of the year, and now that these sensors are getting cheaper to make and it's what the public wants, Nikon and Canon are ready to cash in on marketing dollars they've already spent.

If you didn't want a 60D yesterday, there's no reason you should be interested in a 6D today. The only real change is the sensor size.



RichardLavigne
Registered: Jan 13, 2007
Total Posts: 5353
Country: United States

I don't see this being of interest to anyone that is already in the Canon full frame family.... it is essentially a slightly upgraded 5DmkII. If you are already shooting a 5DmkIII then this isn't going to excite you...

It could potentially excite someone that is in the 60D family now and is looking to move to full-frame.



maxwell1295
Registered: Jun 04, 2008
Total Posts: 6370
Country: United States

Features like an SD card, Wi-Fi, GPS, and Face Detection are definitely aimed at the comsumer market.

Interesting that it has ISO to 105,600 and +/-5 EC. The 11 focus points could be good or bad. It all depends on how sensitive they are and how spread out they are in the viewfinder.



mjoshi
Registered: Apr 17, 2005
Total Posts: 1034
Country: United States

Can I please get 8D ? I'm more interested in 7D succesor as 7D has really good focusing system coupled with 16-35F2.8 it makes a great combo for my majority of indoor shoot in tight spots.



mjoshi
Registered: Apr 17, 2005
Total Posts: 1034
Country: United States

RichardLavigne wrote:
I don't see this being of interest to anyone that is already in the Canon full frame family.... it is essentially a slightly upgraded 5DmkII. If you are already shooting a 5DmkIII then this isn't going to excite you...

It could potentially excite someone that is in the 60D family now and is looking to move to full-frame.


I highly doubt people who have used 60D with its swivel screen be interested in moving upto 6D. I've 60D & 5Dmkii and do see some things that you could do with swivel screen is not possible with fixed screen lcd on back. To be honest I use both but if you pick 2 pictures shot with 60D + 5Dmk ii it is hard to tell them apart unless you are shooting above ISO 3200.



RichardLavigne
Registered: Jan 13, 2007
Total Posts: 5353
Country: United States

maxwell1295 wrote:
Features like an SD card, Wi-Fi, GPS, and Face Detection are definitely aimed at the comsumer market.

Interesting that it has ISO to 105,600 and +/-5 EC. The 11 focus points could be good or bad. It all depends on how sensitive they are and how spread out they are in the viewfinder.


I don't know about the spread.... but they are saying that only the center point is cross-type, so that is the only one that is going to be sensitive.



tobicus
Registered: Jan 20, 2012
Total Posts: 1595
Country: United States

This kind of looks like a downgraded 5D2, to be honest.



MattSepeta
Registered: Aug 07, 2010
Total Posts: 1121
Country: United States

Meh. Wifi and gps? Face detect and a rebel body? This could be a nice entry FF once price drops, but for now I don't see many true benefits over a tried and true mark II..



RichardLavigne
Registered: Jan 13, 2007
Total Posts: 5353
Country: United States

mjoshi wrote:
RichardLavigne wrote:
I don't see this being of interest to anyone that is already in the Canon full frame family.... it is essentially a slightly upgraded 5DmkII. If you are already shooting a 5DmkIII then this isn't going to excite you...

It could potentially excite someone that is in the 60D family now and is looking to move to full-frame.


I highly doubt people who have used 60D with its swivel screen be interested in moving upto 6D. I've 60D & 5Dmkii and do see some things that you could do with swivel screen is not possible with fixed screen lcd on back. To be honest I use both but if you pick 2 pictures shot with 60D + 5Dmk ii it is hard to tell them apart unless you are shooting above ISO 3200.


I respectfully disagree...



Jihrie
Registered: Aug 19, 2010
Total Posts: 97
Country: United States

Unless i read the spec sheet wrong it says it has a touch screen LCD, can some one explain the benefit of that?



anthonyket
Registered: Dec 15, 2008
Total Posts: 611
Country: Australia

To me its about autofocus , if the AF in the 6D is better than the 5D Mark II backup that i have, i may swap out. Will await the production reviews.



mjoshi
Registered: Apr 17, 2005
Total Posts: 1034
Country: United States

RichardLavigne wrote:
mjoshi wrote:
RichardLavigne wrote:
I don't see this being of interest to anyone that is already in the Canon full frame family.... it is essentially a slightly upgraded 5DmkII. If you are already shooting a 5DmkIII then this isn't going to excite you...

It could potentially excite someone that is in the 60D family now and is looking to move to full-frame.


I highly doubt people who have used 60D with its swivel screen be interested in moving upto 6D. I've 60D & 5Dmkii and do see some things that you could do with swivel screen is not possible with fixed screen lcd on back. To be honest I use both but if you pick 2 pictures shot with 60D + 5Dmk ii it is hard to tell them apart unless you are shooting above ISO 3200.


I respectfully disagree...


I appreciate your disagreement, nothing wrong as we all have our own opinions based upon our experiences. I've used both 60D + 5Dmkii and so far have not seen leaps and bounds of difference between 2 camera's results in my work.



mjoshi
Registered: Apr 17, 2005
Total Posts: 1034
Country: United States

I'm more interested in seeing if this is upgrade for 5Dmkii users who are not able to go to 5dmkiii or is it upgrade for 60D users ? I know for sure anyone using 7D will not be pleased with 6D's AF system.



1
       2       3       4       5       end