#519 Racing Generations
/forum/topic/1149328/0

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3745

I caught this family of 3 generations of racing Porsche's at the track yesterday at Road Atlanta, the oldest is trailing the younger generations...I thought it worked for "Family"...Porsche is one of the most successful, winning families of race cars in the world...and I wanted to be different for the theme this week! Thanks for looking, good luck to everyone this week.

RustyBug
Total Posts: 12504

Nice take on the theme ... way better than the Periodic Table I was kickin' around.

Psychic1
Total Posts: 4376

Porsche is the only reliable family I still have two 914s.

Travis Rhoads

RustyBug wrote:
Nice take on the theme ... way better than the Periodic Table I was kickin' around.

Thanks Kent, glad you like it.

Travis Rhoads

Psychic1 wrote:
Porsche is the only reliable family I still have two 914s.

I have never owned one, been in love with them since I was 8, maybe one day I will own one.

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1400

Good idea, Travis, and a good pose caught here, too; the perspective foreshortening makes a nice yellow stack-o-cars next to the curve of the road. Effective composition
Jerry

Travis Rhoads

Tenn.Jer wrote:
Good idea, Travis, and a good pose caught here, too; the perspective foreshortening makes a nice yellow stack-o-cars next to the curve of the road. Effective composition
Jerry

Thanks Jerry! The three yellow cars caught my eye on the formation lap, the first flyer was the only lap the lined up like this.

Travis Rhoads

Changed the title...in posting this morning I did not realize there was another with the same title...my apologies.

relms
Total Posts: 2064

Travis, I like it that you pushed the boundries in deciding your entry for this week's assignment. It keeps me from hanging out to dry all alone with my stick people.

I really like your entry. The three yellow Porsches give your image a strong sense of rhythm, as they flow through the curve, and the patch of green grass complements the yellow and provides balance to the scene. Very,very good composition.

If I am allowed to nit pick, I would like it brightened up about one stop.

Robert

Travis Rhoads

Hi Robert, thanks for the great feedback. I was concerned that it would be too dark for some, but I wanted to emphasize the yellow, make it more dramatic and for me more dynamic. The SOOC shot was brighter, but for me it lacked the visual impact I was after...but we all see it so different...never know how it will be read.