Spirit of Winter.
/forum/topic/1147604/0

silvawispa
Total Posts: 693

It's not right.
I'm looking for better ways to get a more natural blend.

RustyBug
Total Posts: 13253

Interesting ... but way far outa my realm (I think).

You might want to post up the individual components so others can see what you've got to work from / with.

Camperjim
Total Posts: 1976

The woman is looking out of the image. You would have a stronger composition if you flip her at 180 degrees and rotate downwards so she looks in towards the center of the image. I also considered that you were trying to show her moving out of the image towards the sky but the image by itself does not seem to tell that story.

ben egbert
Total Posts: 6831

Out of my realm too, but I feel like she is too sharp for this. Maybe that's the point.

silvawispa

I don't know if this slight rework is a little clearer in intent.

Bert DeMars
Total Posts: 300

I assume you want attention drawn to the woman flying in a dream, however she’s a small percentage of the overall picture. Such that the eye wants to explore the rest of the picture which is in sharp focus, rather than concentrate on her. So you have competing subject matter. That’s my two cents worth.

silvawispa

Thanks for the feedback so far, I'm deeply unsure of the image at the moment. (that's when I tend to turn up here...)

As to attention, I am looking to show an idea of winter arriving, rather than focusing on a flying girl. (I trust that if I'd wanted the girl to be the focus, she would be!)

I know there's more work to be done. I'm just struggling to see what it is.

AuntiPode
Total Posts: 6947

Perhaps select the area not close to the subject and reduce the gamma and saturation? Maybe bump the mid-tone contrast on the flyer?

Bob Jarman
Total Posts: 6431

Paul,

Interesting imagery - this is likely well over the edge...

Bob