Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)
/forum/topic/1147292/192

1       2       3              192      
       end

CalW
Total Posts: 2045

I had been concerned about the EVF on the RX1 drawing attention, but after over 1500 shots during vacation in Spain, I found this was almost never the case. The EVF is so very useful that soon I was putting it on automatically when I took out the camera (it doesn't fit in the bag well mounted, otherwise I'd tape it on...) Incidentally, the RX1 with EVF is the best solution I've ever had for photographing ceilings - there are LOTS of beautiful ceilings in Spain

Jonas B
Total Posts: 2421

ricardovaste wrote:
Did anyone else realise there is no "release with out card yes/no" option? How strange! I fired off a few hilarious personal / family photos on Sunday, only to discover I had no card installed. Fool. But with my other cameras it won't even release the shutter...

Then it is good there at least is a flashing yellow text in the viewfinder saying "NO CARD" if the card is removed. But, the option you mention is always a good idea.

Of lately I have been thinking about buying a camera with better video capabilities than the RX1. But, after taking, and now processing, about twenty images at my sister's birthday party I don't really want to part from my RX1. Such a small, nice FF camera with such a good 35mm lens! Oh well. Maybe I'll just ask for too much money when selling it and finding an excuse to keep it...

Jeff Kott
Total Posts: 1178

CalW wrote:
I had been concerned about the EVF on the RX1 drawing attention, but after over 1500 shots during vacation in Spain, I found this was almost never the case. The EVF is so very useful that soon I was putting it on automatically when I took out the camera (it doesn't fit in the bag well mounted, otherwise I'd tape it on...) Incidentally, the RX1 with EVF is the best solution I've ever had for photographing ceilings - there are LOTS of beautiful ceilings in Spain

This is exactly why I'm hoping the RX2 has a built in EVF.

Jonas B
Total Posts: 2421

I would also prefer a built in EVF, provided it can tilt!
But, depending on your choice of bag of course, there is no problem keeping the EVF attached all the to the camera. I use an old Domke satchel bag and the camera fits nicely in it, including extra padding, standing on the side with the RRS grip pointing up. That way it travels very secure at the same time as it takes nearly no time to grip it and take it out of the bag.

Jeff Kott
Total Posts: 1178

I've been there, done that, with the external add on EVF with my Nex 5n and it's not for me. As soon as I got my Nex 7 with integrated EVF, I found using it and pulling it in and out of a bag to be so much more convenient than with the 5n that I pretty much stopped using the 5n.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10563

Jeff Kott wrote:
I've been there, done that, with the external add on EVF with my Nex 5n and it's not for me. As soon as I got my Nex 7 with integrated EVF, I found using it and pulling it in and out of a bag to be so much more convenient than with the 5n that I pretty much stopped using the 5n.

+1

i hate the external finder, better than none though.

1       2       3              192      
       end