Zenfolio...which plan?
/forum/topic/1146866/0

mulder32
Total Posts: 288

I am making the switch to Zenfolio, and am trying to figure out if I need to upgrade to Premium or Premium Business. From the way I figure it out, it appears that with Premium you can still set your own prices for prints and Mpix will handle everything. Am I missing something?

fwellers
Total Posts: 175

All the differences are illustrated here.
http://www.zenfolio.com/zf/all-features.aspx

mulder32

fwellers wrote:

Thanks--I saw that exact link before, but want to make sure I'm not missing something. My major concern is being able to set my own prices for prints and have Mpix fulfill the order and send it to whoever orders the prints through my site. If they can do that, then, for me, I see no need to go to Premium Business.

Allynb
Total Posts: 650

Premium is working out fine for me. Has enough bandwidth and features for a professional. Check Zen comparisons, also.

fwellers

mulder32 wrote:
fwellers wrote:

Thanks--I saw that exact link before, but want to make sure I'm not missing something. My major concern is being able to set my own prices for prints and have Mpix fulfill the order and send it to whoever orders the prints through my site. If they can do that, then, for me, I see no need to go to Premium Business.

I have premium and it does exactly everything you just said ! Go for it. :-))

mulder32

Thanks--I just did! See www.focalpointphotowi.com

fwellers

Very nice. I like what you've done so quickly.
If I may, one suggestion that a lot of people recommend.
The homepage slideshow will take on the size of the first image you put in it. It would look cleaner if you only put images of the same aspect ratio in there.
Just a thought.

mulder32

fwellers wrote:
Very nice. I like what you've done so quickly.
If I may, one suggestion that a lot of people recommend.
The homepage slideshow will take on the size of the first image you put in it. It would look cleaner if you only put images of the same aspect ratio in there.
Just a thought.

Thanks, I noticed that the slideshow I have set to use my weddings portfolio on random. Maybe I should just pick my best horizontals? Thanks for the feedback.

HubbardJA
Total Posts: 914

I've been a Zenfolio Premium user for almost a year now and it's simply wonderful. I use my account as a client proofing and downloading site, but the examples of websites ran off the platform look really nice too. I've experienced no "down" time and find the user dashboard very easy to setup and use. It's also a very reliable backup of sorts but, I would not recommend relying on it as your only backup.

If you're thinking of joining, feel free to use my coupon code for a nice 10% discount: HZ9-HSH-T4R

-Jayson

shaggymatt
Total Posts: 60

I've been on premium for several years now. About to start looking at moving my portfolio site to them as well to save that hosting fee.

Never had any issues with them.

david debalko
Total Posts: 773

I use my Zenfolio for proofing and client downloading, I use to burn tons of DVDs, I hardly burn any DVDs now. It took a while for my clients to get use to the on line gallery. My web site is also Zenfolio - www.debalkophoto.com