Lightroom 4 Nikon Canon Editing Question
/forum/topic/1143991/0

fotoguymarty
Total Posts: 6

I own a Nikon D800 and a Canon 5DMKIII and am editing wedding photos in Lightroom 4.0. When I load all of my photos from both cameras, all of the Nikon photos show up first even though I’m sorting by capture time. The Nikon uses a 24 hr clock and the Canon uses a standard clock. I just want to see and edit the photos in the order they were taken. Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Z_man
Total Posts: 114

Multiple posts don't fly here. Why not simply change the time format on one of the two?

fotoguymarty

because you simply can't, thanks

jeraldcook
Total Posts: 521

Just so I fully understand the issue: Both cameras have their time synced but since Nikon uses a 24 hour clock they show up first?

If its just the clock difference, and I'm assuming you only have the problem after noon when the Nikon starts to read 13:00 and the Canon reads 1:00pm, could you just set the time one both cameras to 1:00am at the start of shooting so you'd have 12 hours of time when the clocks are the same.

Or s this a bigger Nikon/Canon issue?

fotoguymarty

Thank You, I will do that. Sounds like that will solve the problem. Now, I feel really stupid. Thanks Again. As an art major, it becomes even more apparent that I really need to work on the other side of my brain!!