#515 Exposed
/forum/topic/1141628/0



Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3746
Country: United States

North Georgia is in the midst of another drought. Lake Lanier is almost 8 1/2' below full pool...the sign of the drought is the exposed lake bed for the full perimeter of the lake...this morning there was a sign that rain was on the way...the storm clouds were rolling in, hopefully bringing some much needed rain. Thanks for looking, good luck to everyone this week...this was a tough one to come up with something different.



oldrattler
Registered: Aug 04, 2009
Total Posts: 5127
Country: United States

Travis Rhoads wrote:
North Georgia is in the midst of another drought. Lake Lanier is almost 8 1/2' below full pool...the sign of the drought is the exposed lake bed for the full perimeter of the lake...this morning there was a sign that rain was on the way...the storm clouds were rolling in, hopefully bringing some much needed rain. Thanks for looking, good luck to everyone this week...this was a tough one to come up with something different.


Good work Travis... I have a brother in Rome, Ga... As bad as the drought is I think you guys are still luckier than West Texas... One of the local lakes is at 2% capacity... You have to walk about a quarter mile from the parking area to water...



Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3746
Country: United States

Hi Jim, yes, Texas is in pretty bad shape. Much of the country is in pretty bad shape.



anselwannab
Registered: Dec 21, 2004
Total Posts: 828
Country: United States

Nice composition. At first I thought it was a reservoir here in Colorado...



Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3746
Country: United States

anselwannab wrote:
Nice composition. At first I thought it was a reservoir here in Colorado...

Thanks. I am sure that this is a common scene at many lakes across the country. As low as it is right now, in 2009 the water level hit an all time low, another 6' lower than it is now.



twistedlim
Registered: Oct 20, 2004
Total Posts: 3127
Country: United States

Nice travis as always. You got a way with clouds.



Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3746
Country: United States

twistedlim wrote:
Nice travis as always. You got a way with clouds.

Thanks Rich...clouds in motion have become a new subject, still learning the finer details of photographing them. Its fun to keep learning new things.



relms
Registered: Jan 28, 2005
Total Posts: 2064
Country: United States

Travis,

Nice B+W shot. I will see what I can do about sending some rain your way. We have had nothing but rain for two weeks, and getting more today. I hope you soon get some relief from the drought.

Robert



Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3746
Country: United States

Thanks for the kind words Robert...and please do, send the rain this way...we need it badly. I spent the last two years trying to get grass to grow...and it is now losing the battle due to the drought...maybe I need to just do rocks like they do in Arizona...wonder what the neighbors would say...