#514 Dreaming
/forum/topic/1139870/0

oldrattler
Total Posts: 5125

Time, Money, Health can all have an effect on our Plans... Nobody is exempt... We all have experienced "The Dreaming stage" Thanks, Jim

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3745

I know I am not supposed to say this...but this would hit home more if the processing matched the title, faded, a little ragged and not so vibrant and alive.

Klaus Priebe
Total Posts: 9662

Travis Rhoads wrote:
I know I am not supposed to say this...but this would hit home more if the processing matched the title, faded, a little ragged and not so vibrant and alive.

+1
The vibrant image really makes it look exciting and ready to head out on the road.
I sure like your vision here though.

oldrattler

Travis Rhoads wrote:

You are absolutely correct and I do not know why you shouldn't say it... I changed the title to "Dreaming" Thank you

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3745

oldrattler wrote:
Travis Rhoads wrote:

You are absolutely correct and I do not know why you shouldn't say it... I changed the title to "Dreaming" Thank you

technically, it goes against the rules of the WA...I have run afoul of that rule in the past, but this concept was too good to let it not match the title.

oldrattler

Klaus Priebe wrote:
Travis Rhoads wrote:

+1
The vibrant image really makes it look exciting and ready to head out on the road.
I sure like your vision here though.

I am humbled by your gracious words... It did not come out as "Dreamed" but I'll take what I can get for now... Thank you... Jim

oldrattler

Travis Rhoads wrote:
oldrattler wrote:
Travis Rhoads wrote:

point taken.

Travis; I hope you will continue to state your opinion as I value it... Without honest feedback how are we to mature in our pursuit of perfection, Or in my care , Better... Thanks, Jim

oldrattler

Travis Rhoads wrote:
oldrattler wrote:
Travis Rhoads wrote:

technically, it goes against the rules of the WA...I have run afoul of that rule in the past, but this concept was too good to let it not match the title.

Originally I set out for a dark, light painted version, with spider webs, dust, and yellowed paper... But after finishing it my wife suggested I try a " Happy, expectant mood "... She encouraged my posting this as she preferred it... In doing so I failed to change the title... Jim

Foggy14
Total Posts: 927

Jim, I like your photograph a lot. By including the 1991 calendar, I see vibrant and joyful plans for a long ago trip.

Did the trip happen? We don't know from the image, but we do know that the planners loved the outdoors and waterfalls and clearly had fun planning the adventure. Anyway, that's what I see in your photograpgh and that's why I like it.

On the title, I don't have an opinion because words and photographs are two very different things.

oldrattler

Foggy14 wrote:
Jim, I like your photograph a lot. By including the 1991 calendar, I see vibrant and joyful plans for a long ago trip.

Did the trip happen? We don't know from the image, but we do know that the planners loved the outdoors and waterfalls and clearly had fun planning the adventure. Anyway, that's what I see in your photograpgh and that's why I like it.

On the title, I don't have an opinion because words and photographs are two very different things.

Thank you very much... Keen perception... If you have the ability to enlarge the image read the crumpled up letter... The answer is in the image...

Foggy14
Total Posts: 927

Jim, you have a PM.

oldrattler

Foggy14 wrote:
Jim, you have a PM.

Thanks for the PM, Jeff... Great talking to you... Jim