/forum/topic/1139172/0

2       3              41       42       end

EOS20
Total Posts: 13601

Show us your RX100 photos.

FlyPenFly
Total Posts: 6089

Some of mine.

The third one is wide open, its pretty dang sharp once you back up a bit.

Cloudy day, not my favorite light.

FlyPenFly

JPEG saved 3 times over but still good detail.

Also, if you get close, not terrible bokeh.

timpdx
Total Posts: 1763

Mine is now "on the truck out for delivery" and so I decided to take a weekend road trip to the Eastern Sierras to give my RX100 a test drive, will post next week if all goes to plan

millsart
Total Posts: 4241

Great shots Jae, I really love the shot of those root vegetables and the shot of the sanitation trucks shows some excellent depth and clarity. There really is a little Zeiss magic in the lens. No its not anything close to anything like a 100ZE, nor should anyone expect it to be, but the very fact we've got a picture thread on the alt forum for what is a pocket sized point and shoot camera really says a lot!

FlyPenFly

Thanks, once we get a decent day here in the north east, I can't wait to use it more.

DavidWEGS
Total Posts: 3793

Here are a few from my day with kids...

DavidWEGS

…and a couple more

DavidWEGS

and a few more...

FlyPenFly

The 3d is really there in some of these pics

ytwong
Total Posts: 1497

that bear is huge!

rscheffler
Total Posts: 4614

DavidWEGS wrote:
Here are a few from my day with kids...

Oh no! Are those white orbs? Couldn't resist the Fuji X10 jab.

ultrapix
Total Posts: 642

Very pleased with this little gem so far, so good.

All pics SOOC, no PP at all

thrice
Total Posts: 3354

I can't take credit for this one, the girlfriend actually took it. Although I timed our visit to the cathedral with blue hour so I take partial credit haha

RickPerry
Total Posts: 553

Nice Thrice!

mnscott
Total Posts: 255

Your girlfriend did well with the cathedral shot, Thrice. HDR might have been interesting on that one also, if not overdone.

You all are sure posting some excellent images from this little camera! I sold my Canon S90 a short time ago, and this little beastie is sure tempting! Nobody in Minnesota has them in stock yet though.

FlyPenFly

Battery Park

timpdx
Total Posts: 1763

OK, finally got to really test drive my RX100 by really taking a test drive, almost 500 miles and a hundred pics, so...

First stop was Fossil Falls, I have been to the Eastern Sierras many times, but never stopped here. Very pleased at the resolution of the camera, there really is close to 20MP of date in there.

Really wanted to test the camera as a hiking companion so headed off intending to reach Cottonwood Lakes

Only got a couple of miles in to the backcountry when the skies really started to threaten, serious close thunder began so my 8 mile hike got cut to 3 or 4, but found the old burned out trees a nice abstract subject to work with and a little Zeiss magic shows.

Headed over to Whitney Portal in the showers and tried a waterfall shot, F11 and handheld, I really can't wait until there is a RAW converter to work with these files and see if the hot whites are recoverable.

Alas, tomorrow is a work day, so back to L.A., but timing was nice so pulled off and caught a late evening shot, for now I am working a polarizer by holding it up in front of the lens (or if I tilt slightly up, it sits there fine)

100% crop, lots of detail, really SLR like..

And stopped in Chintown for some spicy fried rice to end the day, ISO 800 handheld

James Burden
Total Posts: 1132

Parking lot......

Three Way Intersection by James_Burden, on Flickr

tarheel
Total Posts: 1304

Hey James,

I have an RX100 (if delivered on time) coming tomorrow from B&H. Have you used yours in the bright light at the beach yet? I am also in Wilmington, NC.
Considering the compact size of the RX100 is the standout feature, for what it is, are you pleased with the camera?

Thanks,
Bill

2       3              41       42       end