Austin Healy
/forum/topic/1139149/0

sbeme
Total Posts: 16754

This one sneaked into the Tutti Italiano show.
Glad it did.

Scott

Bob Jarman
Total Posts: 5792

I know a lad who, as an undergrad in college, lusted for a Healy Mk3000II with a 260 ci Ford dropped into the engine compartment - ala Sunbeam Tiger. Never got one, or came close for that matter.

Saw a restored MK3000 not too long ago - now I marvel at the absolute lack of creature comforts - but the memories remain.

Bob

ben egbert
Total Posts: 5463

I think I would like to see a higher angle that included the windscreen. I also note the right side seems less sharp than the left side.

dmacmillan
Total Posts: 4495

Nifty! Looks like a 1955 100M. Did it have a raked windshield?

sbeme

Ben,
I agree. But I wanted the grill and the windscreen was low and raked far back. Choices!
As far as the sharpness, right side of the car or right side of the image?
Right side of the car/left side of image had a car removed, some foliage and grass cloned in. And I am not terribly good with that.

Scott

ben egbert
Total Posts: 5463

Looking at the image, the headlight on the right side (cars left) is not as sharp as the other. I am suspecting its a light angle thing though. That whole side has less definition.

sbeme

I see what you mean.
Scott

pinball_pw
Total Posts: 2450

I think it might just be that you are not quite square with it. I like the angle and the car is a beauty. - Paul

AuntiPode
Total Posts: 6431

There are reasons sports car fans have a passion bordering on lust.

sbeme

pinball_pw wrote:
I think it might just be that you are not quite square with it. I like the angle and the car is a beauty. - Paul

I think you are right.
Scott

silvawispa
Total Posts: 693

I do like the old frogs. I think that a little mystique, a desire to see more can be a good thing. This is a touch abstract though, almost amputated...

Scott, a tip for cloning in ground like that, (that it looks like you didn't use) take your source from the same 'depth' in the photo as you're trying to rebuild, that way you keep scale and perspectives in sync and make it more believable.

sbeme

silvawispa wrote:
I do like the old frogs. I think that a little mystique, a desire to see more can be a good thing. This is a touch abstract though, almost amputated...

Scott, a tip for cloning in ground like that, (that it looks like you didn't use) take your source from the same 'depth' in the photo as you're trying to rebuild, that way you keep scale and perspectives in sync and make it more believable.

Thanks for the suggestion. I need it.

Scott