#512 Meadow Skyline
/forum/topic/1135314/0



James Markus
Registered: Jul 20, 2005
Total Posts: 4370
Country: United States

Last night was awesome!






twistedlim
Registered: Oct 20, 2004
Total Posts: 3127
Country: United States

It was! Great shot!



robert829
Registered: Apr 30, 2011
Total Posts: 535
Country: United States

Stunning color james



Klaus Priebe
Registered: Aug 28, 2007
Total Posts: 9676
Country: United States

robert829 wrote:
Stunning color james



+1
Wonderful colors indeed.



James Markus
Registered: Jul 20, 2005
Total Posts: 4370
Country: United States

Thanks Rich, Robert and Klaus.



Hightraxx
Registered: Feb 24, 2007
Total Posts: 3123
Country: United States

A colorful capture, not too much green around here with the lack of rain.

Norm



the888account
Registered: Oct 21, 2011
Total Posts: 338
Country: United Kingdom

Very nice! Well captured



James Markus
Registered: Jul 20, 2005
Total Posts: 4370
Country: United States

Thanks Norm & the888account. Here is more of the view.

This is from almost due west to due north






This one is an eight image stitch from due north to south east.






The one I entered is from due east to south east. It really was magic evening, but it didn't last very long.



birdied
Registered: May 02, 2010
Total Posts: 22774
Country: United States

Very nice shots.

Birdie



Strad
Registered: Aug 20, 2004
Total Posts: 9487
Country: United States

Awesome captures, Jim, my friend! All three are great!

Fond regards,

Endre



TweakMDS
Registered: Aug 12, 2008
Total Posts: 240
Country: Netherlands

Great shot, James, but I have to admit I like the first shot of your second post even more. It shows more depth to me, and even more definition in the sky.
Eitherway, both are worthy of a place on someone's wall.

~Michael



Tenn.Jer
Registered: Mar 08, 2011
Total Posts: 1403
Country: United States

It is indeed a great capture of a beautiful time and place...I do like the second sky, with the reddish high clouds, but I think you picked the right one for your entry; the red barn lends a nice sense of scale, and the swirling grasses (both sides lean [and lead] into the fencepost) give a feeling of movement...
A Really Fine Work, James...
Jerry



James Markus
Registered: Jul 20, 2005
Total Posts: 4370
Country: United States

Thanks Birdie!

birdied wrote:
Very nice shots.

Birdie



James Markus
Registered: Jul 20, 2005
Total Posts: 4370
Country: United States

Appreciate you saying so...but being there was even better than these...

Strad wrote:
Awesome captures, Jim, my friend! All three are great!

Fond regards,

Endre



James Markus
Registered: Jul 20, 2005
Total Posts: 4370
Country: United States

Thanks Michael. I had a bit of a time deciding myself - glad you liked them.

TweakMDS wrote:
Great shot, James, but I have to admit I like the first shot of your second post even more. It shows more depth to me, and even more definition in the sky.
Eitherway, both are worthy of a place on someone's wall.

~Michael



James Markus
Registered: Jul 20, 2005
Total Posts: 4370
Country: United States

Jerry you nailed the reasons I choose the one I did...almost titled it ..."lone fence post" Thanks!

Tenn.Jer wrote:
It is indeed a great capture of a beautiful time and place...I do like the second sky, with the reddish high clouds, but I think you picked the right one for your entry; the red barn lends a nice sense of scale, and the swirling grasses (both sides lean [and lead] into the fencepost) give a feeling of movement...
A Really Fine Work, James...
Jerry