#510 Take the plunge
/forum/topic/1132570/0

oxman
Total Posts: 81

Girlfriends are fun. You can get them to do all sorts of things. Perhaps stretching the concept but, what the heck.

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3151

Cool shot,

Norm

twistedlim
Total Posts: 3127

Excellent!

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3772

Nice shot, I like the underwater, great choice for where she is, the disturbance on the surface, great overall. Nicely done.

relms
Total Posts: 2065

Very good underwater capture. I would like to hear about the gear that you used for this shot.

robert829
Total Posts: 535

Nice shot here

oxman

relms wrote:
Very good underwater capture. I would like to hear about the gear that you used for this shot.

Thanks much. I used a DiCAPac WPS10 Waterproof Case and my 5DM2 Canon. 20MM Lens. f /5.6. Aperture Priority.

oxman

@ Norm, Twistedlim, Travis, Relms and Robert - Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.

Bill

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3772

oxman wrote:
relms wrote:

Thanks much. I used a DiCAPac WPS10 Waterproof Case and my 5DM2 Canon. 20MM Lens. f /5.6. Aperture Priority.

I meant to ask this the other day...how hard is it to shoot underwater with a WP case on the camera, do you have to use live view...just curious. I would think it would be pretty challenging.

oxman

Travis Rhoads wrote:
oxman wrote:
relms wrote:

I meant to ask this the other day...how hard is it to shoot underwater with a WP case on the camera, do you have to use live view...just curious. I would think it would be pretty challenging.

Forget viewing anything

That is why I used a 20 mm lens. Yer shootin' from the hip basically and hoping for the best and planning on cropping. And there is the part of the case that contains the lens. You need to hold that compressed against the front of the lens while shooting.

You want to squeeze all the air out of the bag too. You are constantly fighting to stay submerged with the thing so good fins are helpful. Perhaps a weight belt if you dare.

It is pretty much camera wrestling and jungle photography but it's still fun.

tntcorp
Total Posts: 191

great shot!

suggestion: after you have pressed the bellow's front against the lens, wrap a strong rubber band around the lens bellows several times and tie-off to keep the bellow from moving forward. a medical rubber band for exercise is excellent in this application.

of course, the lens in used will need to be of internal focus (IF) design where the filter mount does not rotate during af.

may your gears stay dry while you are all wet.... ;-)

tom

oxman

tntcorp wrote:
great shot!

suggestion: after you have pressed the bellow's front against the lens, wrap a strong rubber band around the lens bellows several times and tie-off to keep the bellow from moving forward. a medical rubber band for exercise is excellent in this application.

of course, the lens in used will need to be of internal focus (IF) design where the filter mount does not rotate during af.

may your gears stay dry while you are all wet.... ;-)

tom

Thanks for the great idea tntcorp. I will try that