#510 Foam Bath
/forum/topic/1132563/0

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1416

This week's theme gave a distinct advantage to parents of adorable babies, but I haven't had a chance to see any entries; out of town, no reliable internet, and smart phone pics take forever to load...still, here's my oldest daughter, in a surf bath...

Thanks for your consideration...
Jerry

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3151

Bet she is having fun, nice presentation.

Norm

twistedlim
Total Posts: 3127

Nice take on this. Good shot!

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3767

Nice shot Jerry, didn't think we would see anything from you this week, glad you could get a shot in. I like your take...hope your gear didn't take a bath too!

relms
Total Posts: 2065

Jerry, this is a nice shot. I am interested in knowing how, or if, you protected your camera. I live in Florida on the Gulf of Mexico, and always have concern for my gear when the surf is up and I am shooting near the water.

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1416

Thanks for the kind words, folks, and yes, we just made it home today.... Traveling is wonderful, but so is getting back home. I didn't miss the internet connection so much, but I think my 20-year-old daughter did; she wanted to go to Starbucks as much as possible, and doesn't drink coffee...

Robert, I used a Canon D10 for this one, which is their first waterproof point-n-shoot; there's a new version (D20, I believe). I rented a D10 a few years ago, looking for better snorkeling photos, and liked it enough to buy one. It's a good little P&S - way better than the cardboard disposables, and way cheaper than than an Ikelite housing...

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3767

I will have to keep the D10/D20 in mind...would be nice to have in the bag.

cpincince
Total Posts: 4

I have that little D10 in my purse all the time and have found it very useful and never worry about hurting it. There are now several others I am looking as a replacement. I want one of the never ones with the gps for Lightroom 4. I live near the water and sand and am very protective of my Canon 5dm2. that cute little camera can do some cool things like the fabulous shot of the surf he got. Great color.