#509 Lilly's Path
/forum/topic/1130023/0

wifi
Total Posts: 164

I like how these Water Lilies formed their own path under the man-made one.

hopes2
Total Posts: 805

A beautiful Zen like quality to your image.

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3626

that is a nice find, nicely seen and presented.

relms
Total Posts: 2064

Nice. Take out the bright highlight in the lower left corner, and it is even better.

RustyBug
Total Posts: 11974

Serene ... I could use one of these.

Vipermike
Total Posts: 1912

Love this shot Serene <3

birdied
Total Posts: 21151

Beautiful shot.

Birdie

wifi

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It's been a month or two since I submitted an entry, so it was nice getting out again on Sunday to find something interesting for this week's assignment.

Relms,
I know what you mean - that light is a distraction. I thought about cropping from the bottom to remove it, but then I would loose some of the Lilies that I was trying to highlight. Perhaps I'll try burning that area a bit to tone it down. Thanks for pointing it out.

wifi

I masked off the reflected sky area in the lower left, and it turns out that the sky was not totally blown out allowing me to recover a little detail - but not much (fortunately I dialed in -1.0 EV for this shot as the histogram for the one I took prior to this showed that it was clipped). I feel this new version does not keep drawing the eye down to the lower left as the original one did for me.

I also tried cropping out the area, but I did not like the resulting aspect ratio, bridge placement and loss of content - but this is certainly one area where I seek opinions.

relms
Total Posts: 2064

I like this much better.