Seamless and carpet
/forum/topic/1129526/0

Robin Usagani
Total Posts: 2840

So last weekend I installed seamless in my basement. I have carpet in the basement. Is there a product you guys use to put on the carpet so I can lay the paper on the floor? Something that doesnt look bad and safe if I leave toddlers in the basement without supervision.

buckeyeguy1
Total Posts: 157

How about 4x8 sheets of white panel board? It's not very thick and might give a little if your carpet and pad is softer.

If you need something thicker, you could glue it to some thin plywood.

White Panel Board

RDKirk
Total Posts: 8976

Something that doesnt look bad and safe if I leave toddlers in the basement without supervision.

I would use 3/4 plywood so you can put an adult (like yourself) on it.

I would also not leave any toddlers in the basement unsupervised.

Robin Usagani

RDKirk wrote:
Something that doesnt look bad and safe if I leave toddlers in the basement without supervision.

I would use 3/4 plywood so you can put an adult (like yourself) on it.

I would also not leave any toddlers in the basement unsupervised.

How is my wife or I suppose to do house stuff? Only when they are in bed?

cordellwillis
Total Posts: 5080

Robin Usagani wrote:

How is my wife or I suppose to do house stuff? Only when they are in bed?

^

Beautiful picture.

Robin Usagani

We wish we can afford a full time nanny hahahah.

4honor
Total Posts: 2607

The space where I rent for my studio has carpet, and the landlord won't let us change out to hardwood floor. So I just used that white panel board on top of a 4x8 plywood. I shoot models, and I wanted the girls to be able to stand on it with their pointy heels. I think some flat boards should be pretty safe with kids...

P.S. I used duct tape all around the edge of the plywood since it's not smooth and might cause splinters.

LivLif
Total Posts: 1853

BUMP

JBPhotog
Total Posts: 534

Plywood is not totally flat, it may curve slightly which could cause you some issues. A better option and probably cheaper is MDF or what is commonly called particle board. It is available in 5/8" and 4'x8' sheets :http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100085453&R=100085453

It is engineered to be flat and may in be harder than plywood should you be shooting ladies in high heels.