#508 Coastal Music
/forum/topic/1128475/0

1
       2       end

Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3881
Country: United States

For many, including myself, the sound of waves gently breaking on the shore is all the music you need.

Thanks for looking, good luck to all this week.



robert829
Registered: Apr 30, 2011
Total Posts: 541
Country: United States

Very nice idea travis how about that the blk/wht conversion and the motion of the waves is neat
The wave sounds so relaxing make me sleep while fishing sometimes



Oregon Gal
Registered: Nov 02, 2008
Total Posts: 2054
Country: United States

The term music to my ears comes to mind. Like the B/W conversion.



Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3881
Country: United States

robert829 wrote:
Very nice idea travis how about that the blk/wht conversion and the motion of the waves is neat
The wave sounds so relaxing make me sleep while fishing sometimes

Thanks Robert. I wanted to do something different this week from the expected. Thanks for the comments.



Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3881
Country: United States

Oregon Gal wrote:
The term music to my ears comes to mind. Like the B/W conversion.

Yes, that saying comes to mind. Thanks for commenting, the conversion took me a while to get happy with it.



gregfountain
Registered: Jun 21, 2009
Total Posts: 6677
Country: United States

Cool take on the theme Travis! The soulful sounds of nature!

Greg



Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3881
Country: United States

gregfountain wrote:
Cool take on the theme Travis! The soulful sounds of nature!

Greg

Thanks for taking the time Greg. Natures sounds are the best...I had missed the sounds of nature lately, vacation came at a great time this year.



twistedlim
Registered: Oct 20, 2004
Total Posts: 3128
Country: United States

Nice idea and great shot (as usual)!



Tenn.Jer
Registered: Mar 08, 2011
Total Posts: 1524
Country: United States

Glad you got in here in time; you must be on vacation
Nice idea, and more movement (must be that racing background)...
Good luck this week,
Jerry



ts232
Registered: Aug 31, 2009
Total Posts: 356
Country: United States

Nice shot Travis. It does take me back to a previous vacation in Playa del Carmen and the music of the waves there.



TheBart
Registered: May 03, 2012
Total Posts: 70
Country: United States

Travis - this is why I joined this site and try to test my skills in WA. If anybody looks for the creative ideas, here is your take on music Funny thing is that sound of waves on the beach is relatively loud but calms you down ... like your photo. Well done and thanks for the inspiration.



Hightraxx
Registered: Feb 24, 2007
Total Posts: 3157
Country: United States

Nice one Travis, soothing when calm, nice shot.

Norm



armenaaa
Registered: Oct 26, 2011
Total Posts: 45
Country: United States

I can hear it. Nice shot.



Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3881
Country: United States

twistedlim wrote:
Nice idea and great shot (as usual)!

Thanks for the kind words Rich.



Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3881
Country: United States

Tenn.Jer wrote:
Glad you got in here in time; you must be on vacation
Nice idea, and more movement (must be that racing background)...
Good luck this week,
Jerry

Hi Jerry, yeah, was not sure if I would get one in, but took this one thinking of the theme, and just had to get it processed in a way that I was happy with. I went through a few iterations not worthy of showing!

I like adding motion in sometimes, it takes a flat, 2D image and can really add that third dimension, and to me, can change an image entirely. I just don't want to make movement or slow shutter a crutch...or overuse it...

Thanks for taking the time and the nice comments.



Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3881
Country: United States

ts232 wrote:
Nice shot Travis. It does take me back to a previous vacation in Playa del Carmen and the music of the waves there.

Glad it can bring back good memories Alan. It will for me when I look on it in years. First family vacation with my daughter!



Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3881
Country: United States

TheBart wrote:
Travis - this is why I joined this site and try to test my skills in WA. If anybody looks for the creative ideas, here is your take on music Funny thing is that sound of waves on the beach is relatively loud but calms you down ... like your photo. Well done and thanks for the inspiration.

FM in general can be great inspiration, and exposure to new ideas and techniques. Glad my take on music is taken well.

Generally waves on the beach are a little loud, this week they have been very calm, very few white caps, and very calm seas. Storms coming in the next couple days, hoping for a little more rough water to shoot with at the piers.

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.



Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3881
Country: United States

Hightraxx wrote:
Nice one Travis, soothing when calm, nice shot.

Norm

Thanks for stopping in Norm. Very soothing sounds indeed.



Travis Rhoads
Registered: Apr 28, 2009
Total Posts: 3881
Country: United States

armenaaa wrote:
I can hear it. Nice shot.

Glad it works for you, thanks.



relms
Registered: Jan 28, 2005
Total Posts: 2068
Country: United States

Travis, living at the beach I can certainly relate to your entry. I am serenated by that sound every evening. It is, indeed, music to my ears.



1
       2       end