Total Posts: 6447

Meanderings

dukenukem
Total Posts: 322

Capirote por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
EM5. 60 2.8 macro

michealj
Total Posts: 32

Diego, an interesting picture. It brings back memories of our trip to Spain, Valladolid especially. We visited our daughter, while she was attending the university, and attended the Holy Week festival then. Amazing celebration and parade.

Also your abstract picture is terrific. I look at it regularly when coming back to the forum. Would you mind telling me what it is?

Regards,

Micheal

dukenukem

michealj wrote:
Diego, an interesting picture. It brings back memories of our trip to Spain, Valladolid especially. We visited our daughter, while she was attending the university, and attended the Holy Week festival then. Amazing celebration and parade.

Also your abstract picture is terrific. I look at it regularly when coming back to the forum. Would you mind telling me what it is?

Regards,

Micheal

Michealj, it's a vertical sweep of a forest...creative retouching did the rest

I'm not very fond of the Easter holiday, but I have much photographic potential.

Regads.

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7554

Anyone shot the blood moon last night? Some shots here with the 75/1.8 lens. I've had to zoom-in to about 150% to get a decent image of the moon. Played around the color temperature to get some different colors, as the moon was a boring gray globe for most of the time when the eclipse started. Hopefully when the next blood moon comes around I will be ready with my M. Zuiko 300/4 lens!

String
Total Posts: 198

One with the EM-5 and Olympus 75 @ 5.6 1/2000

skamaraju
Total Posts: 127

Diego, your pictures have a different special look. Can you share your processing technique?

FlyPenFly

Some wrist watch product style shots with the 12-40.

I apologize for the dust, weird reflections, and some depth of field problems. It's extremely challenging taking photos in a bar.

bobbytan

FlyPenFly wrote:

I apologize for the dust, weird reflections, and some depth of field problems. It's extremely challenging taking photos in a bar.

Gosh, these are practically as good as the 60 macro! I am now thinking maybe I should just sell my 60 macro although the extra reach can be quite useful, especially for insects and bugs.

FlyPenFly

bobbytan wrote:
FlyPenFly wrote:

Gosh, these are practically as good as the 60 macro! I am now thinking maybe I should just sell my 60 macro although the extra reach can be quite useful, especially for insects and bugs.

I believe the 60 macro has much better magnification, better bokeh and is significantly sharper on the long end. However, for these kinds of shots which is my entire use case for close ups, the 12-40 is perfect.

If I did a lot of flower macros or insects, the 60 is a much better tool.

However, for me, my most recent purchase for MFT is the Sigma 60mm. The lens tip MTF charts for it are absolutely insane. Not great magnification but should be an incredible tele-landscape lens.

bobbytan

FlyPenFly wrote:
bobbytan wrote:
FlyPenFly wrote:

I believe the 60 macro has much better magnification, better bokeh and is significantly sharper on the long end. However, for these kinds of shots which is my entire use case for close ups, the 12-40 is perfect.

If I did a lot of flower macros or insects, the 60 is a much better tool.

However, for me, my most recent purchase for MFT is the Sigma 60mm. The lens tip MTF charts for it are absolutely insane. Not great magnification but should be an incredible tele-landscape lens.

Yes, the 60 macro is a true macro lens with 1:1 magnification. I have ignored the Sigma 60 but I will certainly check it out. Thanks for mentioning this.

dukenukem

Tradición & Tecnología por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
E-M1, 60 2.8 Macro

Massimo Foti
Total Posts: 459

A tank with a very trendy paint job :-)

E-M1 plus 12-40 f/2.8

Pz 68 Leopardine by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

bobbytan

A real tank? Pretty cool! I think Arnold Schwarzenegger would love one of these ...

Massimo Foti wrote:
A tank with a very trendy paint job :-)

E-M1 plus 12-40 f/2.8

Karm321
Total Posts: 31

I can't wait to upload some images from my new mod-em1!

Karm321
Total Posts: 31

love these city night shots.

savingspaces
Total Posts: 919

_4170017.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

dukenukem

Cristo por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
EM1, 60 macro

bobbytan

Nicely done, Diego! So you finally upgraded your body to the E-M1 huh? The E-M1 is so much nicer to shoot with than the E-M5 and it comes with a built-in intervalometer which is extremely easy to use, so you can start doing star trails!

I would highly recommend the Olympus 12-40 PRO lens to you. Why? Because it's extremely sharp from f2.8 … right up to the edges. It is actually sharper than the 12/2, 17/1.8 and 15/1.7 prime lenses at f2.8 according to the DXO sharpness test.

dukenukem wrote:
EM1, 60 macro

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6846

Heres something a little different from late this afternoon. Exakta mount Aus Jena zebra 135 F4.0 lens plus 10MM Kenko M4/3s extension tube using line art filter. The second image is a Exakta mount Novoflex bellows with a Steinheil 105 F4.5 bellows lens.
Harry Palmer

1       2       3              248      
       250              270       271       end