OM-D & PEN Images
/forum/topic/1127925/242

1       2       3              242      
       244              266       267       end

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7465

Good job, Brian! Love the first 2 images especially.

CarlG
Total Posts: 6331

briangg wrote:
OMD-EM5, 12 f2

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Wow!! Saw those over on the Landscape forum and did not know they were shot with the E-M5!! Very nice....and inspiring!!

Just curious, Brian - have you had these printed and if so, what size? I've always been curious to see how large of a print those with an E-M5 are able to print.

FlyPenFly
Total Posts: 6396

A photo I've taken with a E-M5 has been printed in 4'x6' for a exhibition wall. It turned out pretty alright but it wasn't meant to be a fine art print.

briangg
Total Posts: 1257

CarlG wrote:
briangg wrote:
OMD-EM5, 12 f2

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Wow!! Saw those over on the Landscape forum and did not know they were shot with the E-M5!! Very nice....and inspiring!!

Just curious, Brian - have you had these printed and if so, what size? I've always been curious to see how large of a print those with an E-M5 are able to print.

Thanks. I have pretty much totally gone with my OMD. That is something I don't usually spread around on the landscape forum where full frame is the norm . I have never used such a fun and efficient camera in the field. Plus the glass is getting really good. I have printed 16x20 that match my Canon 7D prints in every aspect. I'm happy with that.

Thanks again,

Brian

bobbytan

It's great to have you on board! We need more good photographers like you to give some serious competition to Diego aka dukenukem!

briangg wrote:

Thanks. I have pretty much totally gone with my OMD. That is something I don't usually spread around on the landscape forum where full frame is the norm . I have never used such a fun and efficient camera in the field. Plus the glass is getting really good. I have printed 16x20 that match my Canon 7D prints in every aspect. I'm happy with that.

Thanks again,

Brian

mwebmaster
Total Posts: 26

Can I join the thread please? So many wonderful images here ...
Here is shots taken at Powerscourt Gardens, Ireland

P1040242 by day tomorrow, on Flickr

P1040263 by day tomorrow, on Flickr

P1040194_ by day tomorrow, on Flickr
Zuiko 11-22, E-PL5 combo

fsiagian
Total Posts: 1769

Very lovely Brian.

bobbytan

But of course the more the merrier! Love that 3rd shot!

mwebmaster wrote:
Can I join the thread please? So many wonderful images here ...
Here is shots taken at Powerscourt Gardens, Ireland

byebyefilm
Total Posts: 26

briangg,

Those three images have a subtle richness to them that made me think I was looking at a Velvia 5x7 contact print! Just curious what your main processing techniques are? Are they pretty sophisticated in PS or just LR/ACR basic? Nicely framed too.

briangg
Total Posts: 1257

byebyefilm wrote:
briangg,

Those three images have a subtle richness to them that made me think I was looking at a Velvia 5x7 contact print! Just curious what your main processing techniques are? Are they pretty sophisticated in PS or just LR/ACR basic? Nicely framed too.

Thanks you guys

I go really basic. I mean really basic. I use LR 4 and PS Elements 8. Always work the RAW. Totally visualize what I want the final image to look like in the end. Sometimes I'll make a layer mask. Sometimes I'll just wing it without one. I work the lighting, and try different things. I use the lasso tool, and work just different parts of the image until it all ties together. I average about 2 to 3 hours on each shot. Sometimes they come out, sometimes they don't Basically just wing it.

Thanks again,

Brian

bobbytan

That's "really basic"? I guess we all have different definitions of "basic". My idea of basic is to spend 5-10 minutes on editing - mostly adjusting the sliders in the "Basic" panel in Lightroom. That explains a lot!

briangg wrote:

I go really basic. I mean really basic. I use LR 4 and PS Elements 8. Always work the RAW. Totally visualize what I want the final image to look like in the end. Sometimes I'll make a layer mask. Sometimes I'll just wing it without one. I work the lighting, and try different things. I use the lasso tool, and work just different parts of the image until it all ties together. I average about 2 to 3 hours on each shot. Sometimes they come out, sometimes they don't Basically just wing it.

Thanks again,

Brian

mawz
Total Posts: 7709

The Bottom by Mawz, on Flickr
E-M5, ZD 14-54 II

darrellc
Total Posts: 469

EM-5 with 75/1.8

High Line by DarrellC, on Flickr

savingspaces
Total Posts: 900

_3210069.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

_3210111.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

_3210132.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Wilbus
Total Posts: 262

Lovely landscapes Brian!

Jochen, that is a superb portrait and one grumpy looking fellow! :-P It really screams PL25 from it.

Rather then just posting answers and drooling at everybody's photos here I'll be joining in soon again, moving in a week so I'm all busy packing stuff. Hopefully the move will give me a new spark as well.

FlyPenFly

Wandering around yesterday

michealj
Total Posts: 32

Flypenfly, very nice pictures. All of your pictures have a recognizable look to them, specifically the color to me. Are you using a filter or a custom preset?

Regards,

Micheal

FlyPenFly

Thanks, I do use a few presets. They were sourced long ago from somewhere and then I tweaked a few things to my liking over time. I'll post some of them up if you're interested.

Julius
Total Posts: 935

briangg wrote:
OMD-EM5, 12 f2

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Excellent images Brian, good compositions, very good dynamic range and great colors.
I used to be a FF Camera guy for a very long time but now a happy convert to the OM-D EM-1 system and outstanding lenses.

Julius

fsiagian
Total Posts: 1769

Flypenfly, the grand central shot is amazing. Has been shot millions of time probably, but there is always something magical about it.

1       2       3              242      
       244              266       267       end