OM-D & PEN Images
/forum/topic/1127925/179

1       2       3              179      
       181              267       268       end

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1791

Nice portraits Jordan. The 75/1.8 starts itching here (even though I'm not used to such a long focal length)

OM-D + 45/1.8:

The people of Istanbul - Drive by Jochen-B, on Flickr

dukenukem
Total Posts: 307

Caballito en la Niebla por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
OM-D . M.Zuiko 12-50 . 1/60s . f/7.1 . ISO 400 . 43 mm

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7483

Update:

http://www.43rumors.com/category/rumor/

I donít know the price yet but I have been told the quality is higher than the Panasonic 12-35mm X lens. Olympus is expected to announce the E-m1 and the new lens around September 10-11.

bobbytan wrote:
Well, that was what 43 Rumors had reported, more than once. You are supposed to take it with a grain of salt. If you don't think they have an ounce of credibility you don't have to believe it. All I am suggesting, to anyone who is considering the Panasonic 12-35 lens, is to wait for a month when the Olympus 12-35 lens is supposed to be announced. Again, this is coming from 43 Rumors and you can reject that piece of information if you choose to. We know that the Panasonic 12-35 is a good but not incredible lens. If anyone can better that lens it would be Olympus, as they have a long history of making excellent optics.

Jman13 wrote:
bobbytan wrote:
Michelle - I don't own the Panasonic 12-35 lens but I am anxiously looking forward to the Olympus version which will be announced in a month's time. I would advise that you wait for that, as supposedly the Olympus version is better.

Really, the rumored lens is better? And we know this how? Heck, we don't even know what the focal length of the f/2.8 standard zoom from Olympus will be, let alone what its optical characteristics are.

As to the 12-35 on the OM-D, it performs well, but it's not super awesome for landscape use. It'll do fine, but it has some field curvature that renders the edges a bit soft at infinity.

bobbytan

Awesome shot, Duke!

dukenukem wrote:

OM-D . M.Zuiko 12-50 . 1/60s . f/7.1 . ISO 400 . 43 mm

DavidWEGS
Total Posts: 3799

Early birds.. and a happy kid.

gotak
Total Posts: 339

juju1958
Total Posts: 703

MOUNTS BAY by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

mawz
Total Posts: 7856

The Forest by Mawz, on Flickr
E-M5, m.Zuiko 12-50

dukenukem
Total Posts: 307

La Lintena del Pescador por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
OM-D . M.Zuiko 9-18 . 91s . f/4.0 . ISO 800 . 9 mm

bobbytan

First image of the Pro OM-D E-M1 + Pro 12-40/2.8 lens!

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1791

nice

bobbytan

I think it's awesome. I have lost all interest in the full-frame NEX. The m43 system has finally matured as a compact full systems camera.

leo11877
Total Posts: 328

bobbytan wrote:
First image of the Pro OM-D E-M1 + Pro 12-40/2.8 lens!

You had me thinking for a while with the 12-40mm F/2.8
I thought it was a old 4/3 lens. Can't wait to get this!

JustinZ850
Total Posts: 105

Those pictures of the E-M1 have changed my mind a bit from when I first saw that leaked video. I'm getting ready to sell off a major portion of my gear and settle on m4/3 for traveling. I love the IQ I get out of the Fuji stuff, but the cameras are just lacking something for me. I really don't want to sell the Leica stuff, but I can't justify keeping the gear when I spend a majority of my time deployed and can never use it.

This thread has helped me a lot in deciding to settle on the olympus stuff, I'm going to pick up an E-P5 when I get home in 2 weeks and wait until the EM-1 is released to see if it's worth the money they ask for it.

juju1958

JustinZ850 wrote:
Those pictures of the E-M1 have changed my mind a bit from when I first saw that leaked video. I'm getting ready to sell off a major portion of my gear and settle on m4/3 for traveling. I love the IQ I get out of the Fuji stuff, but the cameras are just lacking something for me. I really don't want to sell the Leica stuff, but I can't justify keeping the gear when I spend a majority of my time deployed and can never use it.

This thread has helped me a lot in deciding to settle on the olympus stuff, I'm going to pick up an E-P5 when I get home in 2 weeks and wait until the EM-1 is released to see if it's worth the money they ask for it.

The initial images of the EM-1 did look fake, or a mock body, they were so bad. I too am more impressed , having the EM-5. Having said that with that lens it is going to cost a small fortune. Worth it I am sure but can a hobbyist like me justify the price. I doubt it.

YACHT INN SWIM by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

DavidWEGS
Total Posts: 3799

Julian,

With you skill and vision, you might consider selling some of your work (stock?) to fund your hobby.

juju1958

DavidWEGS wrote:
Julian,

With you skill and vision, you might consider selling some of your work (stock?) to fund your hobby.

Kind words David but I would not know where to start or have the confidence to presume I could sell a photo. I think the price of the EM-1 plus that lens will be in excess of $2000 , would you not think? or there about.

YACHT INN SWIM by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

savingspaces
Total Posts: 907

savingspaces
Total Posts: 907

Would you guys know why my pictures are not showing from Flickr? They work on other forums just fine.

Thanks

gotak
Total Posts: 339

savingspaces wrote:
Would you guys know why my pictures are not showing from Flickr? They work on other forums just fine.

Thanks

You don't need all the extra stuff just post the http to the photo.

1       2       3              179      
       181              267       268       end