OM-D & PEN Images
/forum/topic/1127925/176

1       2       3              176      
177
       178              263       264       end

pr4photos
Registered: Sep 17, 2008
Total Posts: 1077
Country: United Kingdom

Amazing at 3200!!!!



juju1958
Registered: Apr 27, 2009
Total Posts: 664
Country: United Kingdom

Longing for the 60 macro today for some reason. I had an idea it would have allowed me to think more about the image taking rather than getting the shot. Who knows, not I.


LANHYDROCK by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr



LANHYDROCK by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr



LANHYDROCK by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr



n_i_k_k_o
Registered: Jun 13, 2012
Total Posts: 15
Country: United Kingdom

Achensee in the Karwendel mountains of the Austrian Tyrol



EM5 & Oly 12mm f/2.0 at f/5.6 and 1/400th - I think I had a CPL on the front.

Nikko



dennisgibson
Registered: Apr 21, 2004
Total Posts: 4101
Country: United States

Just got my om-d kit, Oly 45 and 75. This is my daughter with the 75.









bobbytan
Registered: Feb 03, 2004
Total Posts: 7418
Country: United States

Two fabulous-performing lenses that are tack-sharp at f1.8. You have to get the 25/1.4 lens too!

dennisgibson wrote:
Just got my om-d kit, Oly 45 and 75. This is my daughter with the 75.




dennisgibson
Registered: Apr 21, 2004
Total Posts: 4101
Country: United States

bobbytan wrote:
Two fabulous-performing lenses that are tack-sharp at f1.8. You have to get the 25/1.4 lens too!

dennisgibson wrote:
Just got my om-d kit, Oly 45 and 75. This is my daughter with the 75.



I had the 25 when it first came out and loved it but then I moved back to Canon. Now I'm going to go om-d for the non-sports/wildlife pics. Time to grab another 25



juju1958
Registered: Apr 27, 2009
Total Posts: 664
Country: United Kingdom

75mm f1.8

LANHYDROCK by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr



bobbytan
Registered: Feb 03, 2004
Total Posts: 7418
Country: United States

dennisgibson wrote:
bobbytan wrote:
Two fabulous-performing lenses that are tack-sharp at f1.8. You have to get the 25/1.4 lens too!

dennisgibson wrote:
Just got my om-d kit, Oly 45 and 75. This is my daughter with the 75.



I had the 25 when it first came out and loved it but then I moved back to Canon. Now I'm going to go om-d for the non-sports/wildlife pics. Time to grab another 25


I am so looking forward to the new Zuiko 12-35/2.8 lens and their pro-grade/high-end OM-D E-M1 to be announced next month.



you2
Registered: Nov 06, 2005
Total Posts: 733
Country: United States

Did you use a flash on the bee image or is that natural light? Very nice.



juju1958
Registered: Apr 27, 2009
Total Posts: 664
Country: United Kingdom

you2 wrote:
Did you use a flash on the bee image or is that natural light? Very nice.



natural sunlight. I don't have a decent flash for the EM-5, I intend to get a radio trigger for the canon 430EX I have. I have a remote IR trigger which to be frank is useless in bright sunlight.



leo11877
Registered: Aug 05, 2004
Total Posts: 302
Country: United States

From the Kansas City Ethnic Festival


First 3 are from 45mm 1.8




These are from 12-50mm. Not bad for a kit lens



owyhee
Registered: May 10, 2008
Total Posts: 443
Country: United States

juju, your macro work with the 12-50 is outstanding.



juju1958
Registered: Apr 27, 2009
Total Posts: 664
Country: United Kingdom

owyhee wrote:
juju, your macro work with the 12-50 is outstanding.



the images on this page are with the 75 + extension tubes. Others are with the 12-50 which I do find adequate for macro. I do get a bit frustrated getting so many out of focus shots. Contrast focus does not work well for small dark insects on brighter flowers. The focus as designed does go to the higher contrast flower rather than the insect. In manual focus which is the only way round this, I prefer the longer EF 100mm f2.8 , where I can rock to and fro to get the focusing more precise. It's all fun and if not a challenge it would be too easy



Listera
Registered: Jun 08, 2013
Total Posts: 48
Country: Turkey

Handheld macro 60/2.8 at night.



skamaraju
Registered: Jan 04, 2004
Total Posts: 126
Country: United States

One from today.



skamaraju
Registered: Jan 04, 2004
Total Posts: 126
Country: United States

I always lose the sharpness of the eye when I resize it to post. Can anybody help me in the processing of such images where eye facets are clearly visible instead of getting smudged?



joanlvh
Registered: Oct 19, 2008
Total Posts: 1266
Country: United States

E PM 2 + 45mm



Mark_EL
Registered: Aug 15, 2009
Total Posts: 108
Country: Netherlands

A couple of landscape pics from my vacation in Tyrol, Austria






(E-M5 + 25mm + ND110 @ ISO 200/ f8 / 5 sec)






(E-M5 + 12mm + ND110 @ ISO 200 / f5.6 / 8 sec)






(E-M5 + 12mm @ ISO 200 / f5.0 / 1/640)






(E-M5 + 25mm @ ISO200 / f2.5 / 1/4000)


juju1958
Registered: Apr 27, 2009
Total Posts: 664
Country: United Kingdom

skamaraju wrote:
I always lose the sharpness of the eye when I resize it to post. Can anybody help me in the processing of such images where eye facets are clearly visible instead of getting smudged?


I am far from an expert.
As for the eye of the fly? Do you use noise reduction at all. If so when ticking the "remove jpeg artefacts" can cause smudging big time, if there none to control.
Just one thought of many possibilities.
I think it best if you explained what your process is to get a web size, that is a good starting point.



dukenukem
Registered: Oct 04, 2012
Total Posts: 291
Country: Spain


Pinos en la Noche por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
OM-D . M.Zuiko 9-18 . 30s . f/4.0 . ISO 3200 . 9 mm



1       2       3              176      
177
       178              263       264       end