OM-D & PEN Images
/forum/topic/1127925/159

1       2       3              159      
       161              265       266       end

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7463

juju1958 wrote:
bobbytan wrote:
This is very nice, Julian. Nice clean colors. Great lighting.

Thank you Bobby.
Yet I did not capture how good it really was. The light was incredible and have tried this to capture this photo a few times with this light, not succeeding as well as I see it in the flesh by a long way.

Could it be that your exposure was a little short and not far enough to the right? Anyway, it's pleasant and easy on the eyes.

DavidWEGS
Total Posts: 3796

beautifully detailed bay scene Julian and I agree that the lighting is spectacular. Makes you melt. Is it the south west cost by chance?

absolutic
Total Posts: 1282

bobbytan

Some dog head shots with the 75/1.8 lens.

byebyefilm
Total Posts: 26

Those dog owners should pay you big bucks for those portraits!
Neil

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1763

juju1958 wrote:
Jochenb you have another superb street portrait. Very good.

Thanks! Nice light in your shot.

Bobby, nice dog portraits.

juju1958
Total Posts: 683

bobbytan wrote:
juju1958 wrote:
bobbytan wrote:
This is very nice, Julian. Nice clean colors. Great lighting.

Thank you Bobby.
Yet I did not capture how good it really was. The light was incredible and have tried this to capture this photo a few times with this light, not succeeding as well as I see it in the flesh by a long way.

Could it be that your exposure was a little short and not far enough to the right? Anyway, it's pleasant and easy on the eyes.

Bobby I tried several differing exposure settings, none was what I would have liked but I wont give up, I am often there. This was stitched with portrait images, which has not helped..

juju1958

DavidWEGS wrote:
beautifully detailed bay scene Julian and I agree that the lighting is spectacular. Makes you melt. Is it the south west cost by chance?

David yes it is the South West coast UK, Cornwall.

juju1958

Bit of an odd one messing around with a reflection image.

REFLECTION by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

bobbytan

Hey Neil! As you may know, I am a volunteer photographer with an animal shelter. These dogs are up for adoption and it is my job to make them look good! It's the least that I can do for a man's best friend!

byebyefilm wrote:
Those dog owners should pay you big bucks for those portraits!
Neil

snapsy
Total Posts: 4557

Pany 100-300mm @ 100mm:

FlyPenFly
Total Posts: 6395

Oly 60mm focuses close... uncropped.

DavidWEGS
Total Posts: 3796

What a large Rolex! Interesting choice of tones for that one Flypenfly.

Ok, so I had a little GAS and purchased the metabones for nikon mount… here are a couple results from it with the 50/1.8 first, then the 35/1.8. Both are wide open with some standard we sharpening applied.

DOF is thin and not very forgiving at these close distances, but fun to work the MF skills a bit...

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1763

I also ordered an adapter to try my Zeiss 50/1.4 planar on the OM-D. Just for fun.

45/1.8:

"Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been." by Jochen-B, on Flickr

snapsy
Total Posts: 4557

Pany 100-300mm @ 100mm:

serhan_
Total Posts: 392

Last evening preparations before the fishing season opened last fall in Turkey. The fishing season will take them to 2-3 month journey in the open seas, away from their families. They work with small pay with share of the fish sales, so their families depend on what they catch:

chuckles84
Total Posts: 207

What are MFT users thoughts on the Sigma "Art" line of MFT lens? I just sold off most of my Nikon stuff to buy MFT gear, what are the must haves without spending too much money?

BTW, these images look fantastic and I can't wait to contribute to this thread!!

bobbytan

I know nothing about the Sigma MFT lenses. One of the "must have" lenses would be the Olympus 45/1.8 lens. This is a great short-tele portrait lens. It's now selling for $349. For that price, you won't be able to find anything remotely close in terms of lens speed and sharpness.

chuckles84 wrote:
What are MFT users thoughts on the Sigma "Art" line of MFT lens? I just sold off most of my Nikon stuff to buy MFT gear, what are the must haves without spending too much money?

BTW, these images look fantastic and I can't wait to contribute to this thread!!

pr4photos
Total Posts: 1079

I have the 30mm and its a great lens!

chuckles84
Total Posts: 207

Thanks Bobby, I might give one of the Sigma lenses a try. They have 19, 30 and 60 focal lengths. Unfortunately they're all f/2.8. I might try a 60 and report back. I was extremely impressed by their 35 f/1.4 "Art" lens on my Nik

1       2       3              159      
       161              265       266       end