OM-D & PEN Images
/forum/topic/1127925/149

1       2       3              149      
       151              248       249       end

CalW
Total Posts: 1984

I see the first as a photograph of a ferry with some interesting piers in the foreground. In the second, I see some interesting piers - the ferry is essentially not part of the composition as it is not is focus. So which one is "better" depends on the intent. As the piers take up so much of the foreground, I think I might suggest that they make a better subject as composed, so I would probably vote for the second.

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6712

Three today from the WW 11 Weekend at Reading, PA. ( Air Show ).
Harry Palmer

FlyPenFly
Total Posts: 6103

PL25 wide open

juju1958
Total Posts: 599

Savas K wrote:
Great results, juju1958. I find the contrast detect focusing to be miserable when shooting unpredictable fast action.

I did an air show recently and the keeper rate plummeted. What was supposed to be brilliant captures during certain defining moments came out too soft to consider showing anyone. I left demoralized with a meager catch.

Yep in agreement and I would not bother with trying to use tracking with the OM-D. Not a negative for the camera as it is known before purchase, so if focus tracking was important its best not to purchase one.

Nate A. wrote:
What lens for the bird shots Julian?

Nate set a predetermined manual focus, Oly 75mm, set Hfps the birds were flying in to a feeder. These were two from many. These are not spot on but close and heavily cropped. So luck rather than any skill.
I tried with the EF400mm L f5.6 today plus the EF 200mm L f2.8 without successes as the field of view was a bit tight to predict the birds flying in or out.
I am no expert but truth being with any camera with a decent focal length, it was to close to track reliably, the birds are far to skittish and gone in a flash.

juju1958

HELIGAN by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

rxgolf
Total Posts: 1269

Nothing special here, but this lens seems much better than the kit?
Thanks for looking,
Greg

owyhee
Total Posts: 428

Pistol River at Sunrise with the Panasonic 35-100mm.
I rented the 35-100 for a week to see how I liked it. I liked it very much but its price still puts me off from buying it.

Glenn NK
Total Posts: 455

rxgolf wrote:
Nothing special here, but this lens seems much better than the kit?
Thanks for looking,
Greg

Which lens?

Jman13
Total Posts: 9821

Beautiful shot, Aaron!

juju1958

owyhee wrote:
I rented the 35-100 for a week to see how I liked it. I liked it very much but its price still puts me off from buying it.

Aaron a lovely seascape, you arrived or waited for some great light.

I have the same problem with the choice of the m4/3 available lenses. Often wonder if I need more, probably not? When this type of shot any good manual focus legacy or other prime or zoom would do, when you have time on your hands for the set up.

ultrapix
Total Posts: 642

juju1958 wrote:
owyhee wrote:

Aaron a lovely seascape, you arrived or waited for some great light.

I have the same problem with the choice of the m4/3 available lenses. Often wonder if I need more, probably not? When this type of shot any good manual focus legacy or other prime or zoom would do, when you have time on your hands for the set up.

+1

The problem with M43 lenses is on the short side, where is still missing a fast true wide, say a 8/10mm f:2.5 or 2.8... with prime IQ, of course, at least like 12/2, or possibly better.

curious80
Total Posts: 1136

ultrapix wrote:

+1

The problem with M43 lenses is on the short side, where is still missing a fast true wide, say a 8/10mm f:2.5 or 2.8... with prime IQ, of course, at least like 12/2, or possibly better.

Hmm this is true of all crop cameras whether mirrorless or DSLR. The fast wide primes in the 15-20mm equivalent range exist only for FF cameras today. At least m43 has the 12mm f2, most APS-C platforms don't even have that.

ultrapix
Total Posts: 642

curious80 wrote:
ultrapix wrote:

+1

Hmm this is true of all crop cameras whether mirrorless or DSLR. The fast wide primes in the 15-20mm equivalent range exist only for FF cameras today. At least m43 has the 12mm f2, most APS-C platforms don't even have that.

You're right, but I'd stay also with the equivalent of Tokina 11-16 2.8

juju1958

EF 200MM L F2.8

LOST GARDENS OF HELIGAN by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

dukenukem
Total Posts: 241

Contraluz Lunar por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
M.Zuiko 9-18 . 30s . f/4.0 . ISO 6400 . 9 mm

FlyPenFly
Total Posts: 6103

Wow, that looks awesome. Pretty clean for ISO 6400, how much NR in LR?

dukenukem
Total Posts: 241

FlyPenFly wrote:
Wow, that looks awesome. Pretty clean for ISO 6400, how much NR in LR?

Nate A.
Total Posts: 249

dukenukem wrote:

Contraluz Lunar por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
M.Zuiko 9-18 . 30s . f/4.0 . ISO 6400 . 9 mm

Wow! Your killing me...

michealj
Total Posts: 28

I agree with FlyPenFly and Nate A.. It is an awesome picture.
Micheal

Jman13
Total Posts: 9821

Sorry guys...you get some baby pictures for the next little while.

While laying on the gym today, he discovered he could see my hand, and move his hand and touch it. He was amazed by this, and reached out to touch my hand about 20 times. Grabbed the camera nearby on about touch #10 and shot it left handed.

Still a little crossed-eyed when trying to focus closely (newborns usually are for a while).

1       2       3              149      
       151              248       249       end