1       2       3              143      
       145              273       274       end

yvesgajardo
Total Posts: 44

Red Tailed Hawk.jpg by yvesgajardo, on Flickr

OMD adapted Hoya 135mm f2.8. Taken at f5.6

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7581

A couple of shots of Mesquite dunes in Death Valley.

cputeq
Total Posts: 4723

bobbytan wrote:
OM-D does wedding (but not by me):

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3492947

Intersting, I took at look at the shots - Great color versions, but I aboslutely hate the sepia versions. Toning needs work, IMO. Great job on the shots, though, and I agree the OMD was simply secondary to the obvious talents of the photographer

Having said that - the OMD can be a great event camera, especially on these types of shots displayed during the wedding (posed / setup)

During Z-Axis movement, though (think processionals, etc), it was a nightmare for me (using GX1, OMD and NEX5N all around my neck ) It was during those times, I really wish I had a proper DSLR setup. I'm sure some of that was user error also.

For a great number of shots, though, the OMD works great. Now my Fuji XE1 on the other hand....

Oh and BobbyTan, awesome desert shots. Well-done.

dukenukem
Total Posts: 339

Arrastrando por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
M.Zuiko 9-18 . 1s . f/9.0 . ISO 200 . 9 mm

alkanphel
Total Posts: 273

Canopy, Mandai, 2012 by alkanphel, on Flickr

bobbytan

Thank you! The problem with using a compact (read amateur-looking) camera for a wedding or any event shoot is that it makes the photographer look somewhat unprofessional. It used to be that way with MF vs 35mm film SLR in the commercial/advertising world. Mirrorless systems are not mature enough for most people to accept the system as being "pro grade". I am sure people will start to accept it more and more in the next few years, as the IQ is fast catching up to FF DSLR ... but it's not quite there yet even though the IQ is pretty good now.

cputeq wrote:
bobbytan wrote:
OM-D does wedding (but not by me):

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3492947

Intersting, I took at look at the shots - Great color versions, but I aboslutely hate the sepia versions. Toning needs work, IMO. Great job on the shots, though, and I agree the OMD was simply secondary to the obvious talents of the photographer

Having said that - the OMD can be a great event camera, especially on these types of shots displayed during the wedding (posed / setup)

During Z-Axis movement, though (think processionals, etc), it was a nightmare for me (using GX1, OMD and NEX5N all around my neck ) It was during those times, I really wish I had a proper DSLR setup. I'm sure some of that was user error also.

For a great number of shots, though, the OMD works great. Now my Fuji XE1 on the other hand....

Oh and BobbyTan, awesome desert shots. Well-done.

bobbytan

The new GX camera rumors really has stolen the show from Olympus. But trust me, thatís going to be a strong and intriguing rumor battle! In these last few days I got two rumors from sources I know from a long time. Both told me that they got hints about a new high end Olympus camera that will be announced in September. And itís going to be a camera much larger than the current E-M5 that has a mount that allows to take both Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds lenses without the use of any adapter!

This appeared in the 43 Rumors this morning. I am sure if you one of those who already own some good FT lenses you will be thrilled with this development ... but what if you don't i.e. would you consider getting one? I would ... if the larger body is a significant improvement/upgrade over the OM-D. It would be fantastic if the larger body (more ergonomic and comfortable to hold?) comes with an improved sensor (lower noise, higher DR, etc), PDAF focus tracking, a larger and a hybrid EVF/OVF, etc ... and these features are not improbable I think. It is a foregone conclusion that it will have ISO 100, max shutter speed of 1/8000 sec or higher, 1/320 sec flash sync, improved IBIS, auto HDR bracketing, WiFi capability, intervalometer, etc, etc ... as we are already seeing this feature set on the new E-P5.

juju1958
Total Posts: 775

bobbytan wrote:
The new GX camera rumors really has stolen the show from Olympus. But trust me, thatís going to be a strong and intriguing rumor battle! In these last few days I got two rumors from sources I know from a long time. Both told me that they got hints about a new high end Olympus camera that will be announced in September. And itís going to be a camera much larger than the current E-M5 that has a mount that allows to take both Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds lenses without the use of any adapter!

This appeared in the 43 Rumors this morning. I am sure if you one of those who already own some good FT lenses you will be thrilled with this development ... but what if you don't i.e. would you consider getting one? I would ... if the larger body is a significant improvement/upgrade over the OM-D. It would be fantastic if the larger body (more ergonomic and comfortable to hold?) comes with an improved sensor (lower noise, higher DR, etc), PDAF focus tracking, a larger and a hybrid EVF/OVF, etc ... and these features are not improbable I think. It is a foregone conclusion that it will have ISO 100, max shutter speed of 1/8000 sec or higher, 1/320 sec flash sync, improved IBIS, auto HDR bracketing, WiFi capability, intervalometer, etc, etc ... as we are already seeing this feature set on the new E-P5.

Bobby the significant thing I would enjoy from the new offering is the 100 iso and 1/800 shutter. I do miss not being able to use the 45 and 75 for their purpose of having f1.8 without using a HD filter. One reason I would be interested in the newest Pen. What else comes along will be a bonus. Time will tell and whatever it is and however good, one thing is guaranteed. It will be old hat in six months as rumors will again be abound for something better.

CHAINED GATE by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

SYCAMORE by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

Savas K
Total Posts: 4279

Everyone is posting some incredibly gorgeous photos.

Here's a few Air Show pics from the weekend. EM-5 and Olympus 75-300 II. I had a clear UV filter on the lens because of high wind and sand on the beach. Hand-held single shots; I didn't want to have quadruple the images to wade through. Focusing was hit and miss due to EM-5's contrast detect deficiency. Basically, the smaller the planes, the more hunting occurred. Double that for when smoke and clouds were in the frame.

barisaxer
Total Posts: 504

A few from Thompsons Mill In Oregon by Shedd.

barisaxer
Total Posts: 504

And some color

bobbytan

Yes, I had that problem when I was shooting the Venice Mask Carnival last February. I've had no choice but to stop down the lens, and the CPL didn't help much. Using a strong or variable ND filter is fine if you are shooting waterfalls and seascapes from a tripod but it won't work for portraits and other moving subjects where you have to shoot quickly.

juju1958 wrote:
bobbytan wrote:

Bobby the significant thing I would enjoy from the new offering is the 100 iso and 1/800 shutter. I do miss not being able to use the 45 and 75 for their purpose of having f1.8 without using a HD filter. One reason I would be interested in the newest Pen. What else comes along will be a bonus. Time will tell and whatever it is and however good, one thing is guaranteed. It will be old hat in six months as rumors will again be abound for something better.

verbiage
Total Posts: 429

Would this be the lower end of the Grenadier Pond, looking west? Nicely framed and handled!

I would post one of mine, had it not been taken with Canon gear ((

mawz wrote:

The Waterfront by Mawz, on Flickr
DG Summilux 25/1.4

mawz
Total Posts: 8305

verbiage wrote:
Would this be the lower end of the Grenadier Pond, looking west? Nicely framed and handled!

I would post one of mine, had it not been taken with Canon gear ((

You nailed it, taken from the pathway right near the south-east corner of Grenadier Pond.

And thank you ;-)

This one was taken shortly after.

Sakura over the Path by Mawz, on Flickr

Gerbrand
Total Posts: 27

That's lovely mawz, I really like the contrast between the blossom and the sky.

Here's one from yesterday:

Amsterdam panorama by ghvanderweg, on Flickr

Gerbrand
Total Posts: 27

And this is today... what a difference a day makes!

Rain by ghvanderweg, on Flickr

Nate A.
Total Posts: 249

The Verrazano and Ft. Wadsworth- Staten Island, NY

juju1958

Nice shots everyone, like the planes Savas and Bariaxer a nice set.

RHODODENDRON by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

CarlG
Total Posts: 6383

Julian, would love to know what lens on this last set, please?

Thanks.

juju1958

CarlG wrote:
Julian, would love to know what lens on this last set, please?

Thanks.

The 75f1.8 and M4/3 Kenko tube, hope that helps. Picked the set of tubes up today and this was on the way home.

1       2       3              143      
       145              273       274       end