OM-D & PEN Images
/forum/topic/1127925/137

1       2       3              137      
       139              263       264       end

mawz
Total Posts: 7499

Sea of Scarlet by Mawz, on Flickr
m.Zuiko 12-50

This lens is kinda growing on me. Nice & flexible, very good at close range but merely quite good at longer distances.

DougVaughn
Total Posts: 213

Here's one shot this morning. The OM-D was mounted on a tripod with a remote trigger. Olympus 45mm lens. The raw image was given a little clarity, vibrance, contrast, and sharpening, but no serious post processing.

michael49
Total Posts: 5385

^ -nice.

michael49
Total Posts: 5385

A few from the forest today...

20 1.7....
Painted leaf (mountain laurel)....

Painted rock....

Painted leaf II.....

45 1.8...

owyhee
Total Posts: 443

Nate your #3 from the Oklahoma City National Memorial is very nice! Great reflection and sky.

dukenukem
Total Posts: 291

Amenazante por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
M.Zuiko 9-18 . 1/5s . f/10.0 . ISO 200 . 9 mm

mawz

Late Afternoon by Mawz, on Flickr
m.Zuiko 12-50

Nate A.
Total Posts: 249

owyhee wrote:
Nate your #3 from the Oklahoma City National Memorial is very nice! Great reflection and sky.

Thanks!

Nate A.

dukenukem wrote:

Amenazante por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
M.Zuiko 9-18 . 1/5s . f/10.0 . ISO 200 . 9 mm

I don't know why there's a lot of negative reviews on this lens, because all of your images...wow!

Jman13
Total Posts: 10315

My daughter after swimming tonight. OM-D with Panny 35-100/2.8:

mawz

Nate A. wrote:

I don't know why there's a lot of negative reviews on this lens, because all of your images...wow!

It really is a good lens, and in duke's hands it truly shines.

That said, it was introduced at far too high a cost compared to the distinctly better Panasonic 7-14/4. These days where the 9-18 costs around 2/3rds to half what the 7-14 costs it's a far better value, but the 7-14 went up in price and the 9-18's come down a bit.

Nate A.

Here's a couple of my boys while we were playing in the back yard.
20mm 1.7

juju1958
Total Posts: 663

Many good images being posted as usual.

Jordan a nice pic. Is your daughter club swimming or recreational.

DARTMOOR by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

Another working variant of Sun Fire. A little bit more enigmatic and to the limit maybe.

SUN-FIRE-2 by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

mawz

Julian, love that Dartmoor image, it's Epic

3 on Blue by Mawz, on Flickr
m.Zuiko 12-50

Jman13

juju1958 wrote:

Right now, just lessons (she's 5). If she starts getting better, I'll see if she want to start swimming competitively. I was a competitive swimmer through high school, though I didn't start competition swimming until 6th grade. If she's interested, it'd be cool to watch her follow that path...

Nate A.

That Dartmoor pic is awesome Julian!

juju1958
Total Posts: 663

Jman13 wrote:
juju1958 wrote:

Right now, just lessons (she's 5). If she starts getting better, I'll see if she want to start swimming competitively. I was a competitive swimmer through high school, though I didn't start competition swimming until 6th grade. If she's interested, it'd be cool to watch her follow that path...

Seems like you know what is wise having been through it. My daughter did not start competitively until she was eleven and has gone on to be ok, reached the Olympic trials in 2012 and will swim at a good Uni this october. all good fun as long as it is not taken too seriously.

Thanks Nate and Mawz

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7418

I don't have the 9-18 lens but my 7-14 would flare a lot when the sun is included in the frame/shot.

Nate A. wrote:
Here's a couple of my boys while we were playing in the back yard.
20mm 1.7

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7418

Love this shot!

juju1958 wrote:

DARTMOOR by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

Jman13

juju1958 wrote:
Jman13 wrote:
juju1958 wrote:

Seems like you know what is wise having been through it. My daughter did not start competitively until she was eleven and has gone on to be ok, reached the Olympic trials in 2012 and will swim at a good Uni this october. all good fun as long as it is not taken too seriously.

Thanks Nate and Mawz

Um...reaching the Olympic Trials is not 'Ok'....that's phenomenal. I'd imagine reaching the trials in the US is harder than in the UK because of the size of the country, but even so....to be among the top handful in the entire country in her event(s) is unreal. Far, far better than me. I was a 'good' swimmer, but certainly not international competition caliber in any way. (I usually scored points at our district finals, and one of my relays missed states by two places my senior year in HS, but that's about as good as I got. My team was quite good, though...we had multiple state champions and our top 200 free relay (that did not include me) set a national record...and still, I've only personally known one person who made it to the US Olympic Trials.

So, yeah...your daughter is pretty darn good.

1       2       3              137      
       139              263       264       end