One from more recent times.

Robert Lenkiewicz by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

owyhee
Total Posts: 459

juju, as alway very nice!

sangdabom73
Total Posts: 348

bobbytan wrote:

I too have been shooting with the 5D II since it's release into the market, and my work flow in LR4 has always been roughly the same ... meaning I do not see a whole lot of difference between the 5D II files and the OM-D files. I cannot say that one is better than the other. I don't understand the problem you are having with the OM-D RAW files. I am not having a harder time with the OM-D files - they are just as easy to work with in LR4.

Bobby, perhaps, I might need to do side by side comparison when I get a chance sometime this weekend or so, but I'm "almost" sure about the difference.
Who knows? Maybe it's just my imagination due to the lack of om-d experience. We will see once I get to compare them side by side.

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1812

sangdabom, I also think there's a difference (I also own the 5DII with ZE lenses).
However, I think the difference mostly comes from the lenses. The Zeiss ZE lenses on FF are special. Colors, contrast, microcontrast, bokeh,... The m4/3 lenses are very good, but not at the same level IMHO. When I still used Canon lenses on my 5DII results also looked more flat.
BTW: I found the look of the RX100 files closer to my canon set. That sensor is even smaller than m4/3, but has a Zeiss lens in front of it.
I decided not to care too much about the rendering, because for me the OM-D is about speed, size and joy to use.

alkanphel
Total Posts: 273

Two Levels, 2012 by alkanphel, on Flickr

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7562

I shot with the 5D II and OM-D just recently and didn't notice a difference in the file quality aside from some differences in color balance/temperature, and I explained why that was so. But other than that, I see no unusual difference in the image quality between these 2 cameras ... and they are both equally sharp too:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1172736/4#11492822

Jochenb wrote:
sangdabom, I also think there's a difference (I also own the 5DII with ZE lenses).
However, I think the difference mostly comes from the lenses. The Zeiss ZE lenses on FF are special. Colors, contrast, microcontrast, bokeh,... The m4/3 lenses are very good, but not at the same level IMHO. When I still used Canon lenses on my 5DII results also looked more flat.
BTW: I found the look of the RX100 files closer to my canon set. That sensor is even smaller than m4/3, but has a Zeiss lens in front of it.
I decided not to care too much about the rendering, because for me the OM-D is about speed, size and joy to use.

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1812

bobbytan wrote:
I shot with the 5D II and OM-D just recently and didn't notice a difference in the file quality aside from some differences in color balance/temperature, and I explained why that was so. But other than that, I see no unusual difference in the image quality between these 2 cameras ... and they are both equally sharp too:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1172736/4#11492822

That's why I'm saying most of the difference might come from the better Zeiss ZE lenses.
The Zeiss 100/2 makro-planar wipes the floor with the 100L, IMHO.

juju1958
Total Posts: 751

One or two or more.

_4250020 by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

MEVAGISSEY by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

michael49
Total Posts: 5434

juju1958 wrote:
One or two or more.

The first one is very nice.

alkanphel
Total Posts: 273

Jochenb wrote:
That's why I'm saying most of the difference might come from the better Zeiss ZE lenses.
The Zeiss 100/2 makro-planar wipes the floor with the 100L, IMHO.

I've adapted the ZE 100MP on my OMD and took some photos for fun. It really does render very nicely on the OMD, the detail and colours are great, notwithstanding the bad mixed lighting that I had to correct for.

Sad Panda by alkanphel, on Flickr

LUPCHEONG by alkanphel, on Flickr

dukenukem
Total Posts: 326

Monolito por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
M.Zuiko 9-18 . 8s . f/9.0 . ISO 200 . 9 mm

Nate A.
Total Posts: 249

Some cherry blossoms from my yard.

robert829
Total Posts: 535

Very nice set julian
LIke your shot alkanphel
And I wish I have cherry blossom on my yard

robert829

Some random shots

kponds
Total Posts: 49

I've been lurking this thread for months.

It finally got here the other day, along with the 25mm and 45mm. 14mm is still on the way.

Unfortunately we're dealing with terrible weather today, I am hopefully going to go out for some street photography tomorrow.

My buddy is not too happy about the weather either ...

(I know pets are not the most interesting subject, but I'm so excited about this camera! I will have some more interesting shots tomorrow, for sure).

charley51
Total Posts: 6

Nice shot robert!

robert829

More

Nate A.

Nice shots Robert, I really like the colors on the second one.

Nate A.

Here's some more from my backyard.

kponds
Total Posts: 49

Some from my photowalk this morning. I am quickly falling in love with this little camera.

1       2       3              131      
       133              271       272       end