OM-D & PEN Images
/forum/topic/1127925/123

1       2       3              123      
       125              268       269       end

rextilleon
Total Posts: 794

I'm there---will be ordering the camera tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very excited.

yvesgajardo
Total Posts: 44

Just purchased one this weekend. A black one with the 12-50 kit lens. Can't wait for it to come! Should be delivered to me on Tuesday. Now I need to buy a couple Minolta to mu4/3 adapters and I'm good to go!

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7509

Welcome to the OM-D Club, Rex and Yves! Here's a shot from this weekend.

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1798

I don't want to hijack the image thread, but some people might be interested.

You see many OM-D users selling it for a Fuji X camera. Well, I'm doing the opposite.
I bought an OM-D last weekend, with the 45mm lens for now.
Half a year ago my dilemma was X-E1 or OM-D and I chose the Fuji because of the nicer interface and better IQ.
I still think these things are true. The OM-D IQ isn't as good IMHO (tonality, dynamic range, high ISO,...) and the user interface is horrific in comparison. With the Fuji you see most of your settings without even having to turn on the camera. The buttons on the OM-D are too small and feel "spongy".
So what made me buy the OM-D? The feeling of shooting with it. It's like a tiny DSLR. The AF is superfast and accurate. The tiltable touchscreen is brilliant. Being able to touch the screen anywhere to take a shot is great and gives me all new possibilities. The EVF is also better than the one in the X-E1, faster refresh rate.
My RX1 and X-E1 both have sluggish AF, the OM-D feels like a great addition to the RX1 for the times you just want to get the shot. That's why I'm going to sell the Fuji.

WT21
Total Posts: 646

I see a number of XE1s going up for sale on some other boards. Often the return is back to m43 (though not always -- some have moved on to Leica, some to an X100s, etc.)

Jman13
Total Posts: 10640

I added the X-E1 to my OM-D, and I love the Fuji for many things. It's really a joy to shoot and image quality is outstanding. But it can't replace my OM-D right now. The OM-D's AF kicks the X-E1's all over the place, especially in dim light. In good light the X-E1 is fine, but still not quite as fast as the OM-D, but it dim light, it can sometimes become a major hindrance. The EVF is much better in low light as well on the OM-D (but the EVF on the X-E1 is great when there's enough light.)

I've been shooting more with the X-E1 as of late, as I just am really enjoying the experience and the great clean files, but there are many times I'll grab the m4/3 kit, especially if I know I'm going to need more responsiveness. If I could only keep one, I'd keep the OM-D without question.

Jochenb

X-E1 + OM-D is a really nice set. If I didn't have a RX1 I would also keep both.
One other reason for selling my Fuji set is because I still like my Zeiss 21mm better than the Fuji 14mm (but that doesn't really belong in this thread )

CalW
Total Posts: 2050

Taken at the Vermont Flower Show with DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm and Olympus FL-600R Flash with LumiQuest Softbox

bobbytan

This was the main reason I switched from a FF Canon to the OM-D - because it's the only compact systems camera (before the GH3 came along) that is DSLR-like with a sensor and IQ that is comparable to an APS-C DSLR. The Fuji's are are very nice cameras but it cannot replace my Canon 5D II. The OM-D could, in my books. It has many quirks but it is the closest thing to a system DSLR ... especially in it's range of lenses.

Jochenb wrote:

So what made me buy the OM-D? The feeling of shooting with it. It's like a tiny DSLR. The AF is superfast and accurate. The tiltable touchscreen is brilliant. Being able to touch the screen anywhere to take a shot is great and gives me all new possibilities.

dukenukem
Total Posts: 312

Pinceladas III por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
M.Zuiko 12-50 . 37s . f/13.0 . ISO 200 . 25 mm

Jman13
Total Posts: 10640

That's simply awesome. Of course, I should be used to you posting awesome photos. Great work as always.

mawz
Total Posts: 7975

Indeed, that's yet another superb long exposure landscape.

Log Hat by Mawz, on Flickr
DG Summilux 25/1.4

Jochenb

Nice shot dukenukem.

I've been testing the OM-D some more and the sensor is a disappointment. It feels old. Pushing shadows in Lightroom looks awful. The dynamic range of Fuji X is vastly superior. Even the smaller sensor in my (ex-) RX100 could handle PP a lot better.
Even when only slightly pushing the shadows, a lot of noise pops up and you get funky colors. This already at base ISO 200.
Wasn't expecting this.

dukenukem
Total Posts: 312

Jochenb wrote:
Nice shot dukenukem.

I've been testing the OM-D some more and the sensor is a disappointment. It feels old. Pushing shadows in Lightroom looks awful. The dynamic range of Fuji X is vastly superior. Even the smaller sensor in my (ex-) RX100 could handle PP a lot better.
Even when only slightly pushing the shadows, a lot of noise pops up and you get funky colors. This already at base ISO 200.
Wasn't expecting this.

Thanks

The noise is similar to the Canon 7D and lift shadows better. Do you not enough?

Jochenb

dukenukem wrote:
Thanks

The noise is similar to the Canon 7D and lift shadows better. Do you not enough?

All the camera's that I'm used to (5DII, RX1, RX100 and X-E1) are just a LOT better at it. I expected it to be at least as good as the tiny RX100.

bobbytan

Jochenb wrote:
dukenukem wrote:
Thanks

All the camera's that I'm used to (5DII, RX1, RX100 and X-E1) are just a LOT better at it. I expected it to be at least as good as the tiny RX100.

I would agree with you that the sensor on the newer Sony and Fuji models are awesome, but I wouldn't include the 5D II in the mix. I've used the 5D II since day one of it's release and it's definitely not better than the OM-D. Very different story if you are talking about the 5D III.

Jochenb

bobbytan wrote:

I would agree with you that the sensor on the newer Sony and Fuji models are awesome, but I wouldn't include the 5D II in the mix. I've used the 5D II since day one of it's release and it's definitely not better than the OM-D. Very different story if you are talking about the 5D III.

I also own the 5DII since the day it was released. They might be close, but I still prefer the 5DII. It has banding when pushing the shadows, but it has less noise at base ISO. I also have the feeling it holds it's colors better when lifting those shadows.
Since the OM-D also has a Sony sensor I was just expecting more from it.

Shooting with it is great fun though.

IDURITA
Total Posts: 637

Some pictures of this morning in Berlin:

E-M5, f/5,6 @ 12 mm, 1/1250, ISO 200, No Flash

E-M5, f/9 @ 12 mm, 1/500, ISO 200, No Flash

E-M5, f/7,1 @ 14 mm, 1/1000, ISO 200, No Flash

E-M5, f/1,8 @ 75 mm, 1/800, ISO 200, No Flash

E-M5, f/7,1 @ 12 mm, 1/100, ISO 200, No Flash

E-M5, f/1,8 @ 75 mm, 1/1600, ISO 200, No Flash

E-M5, f/3,5 @ 45 mm, 1/400, ISO 200, No Flash

WT21
Total Posts: 646

Can I post EPL5 images here (same sensor)?

robert829
Total Posts: 535

Nice shot bobby And dukenukem
You guys are making the om-d sings everytime you take pictures Love it!
robert

1       2       3              123      
       125              268       269       end