OM-D & PEN Images
/forum/topic/1127925/120

1       2       3              120      
121
       122              273       274       end

m43ari
Registered: Mar 29, 2013
Total Posts: 5
Country: N/A

Long time reader, first time poster!



m43ari
Registered: Mar 29, 2013
Total Posts: 5
Country: N/A

2 with the 75 in Sintra, Portugal



Nate A.
Registered: Jun 21, 2012
Total Posts: 249
Country: United States

I had to pull over to capture the beautiful sky this evening. 20mm



ultrapix
Registered: Feb 03, 2010
Total Posts: 661
Country: Italy

Sorry for OT: is there any way to lock up the AF point? I mean that it doesn't move when I push one button of the 4 ways control...



dukenukem
Registered: Oct 04, 2012
Total Posts: 340
Country: Spain

OM-D LiveTime in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_62GwZVmLMY



mawz
Registered: Sep 11, 2005
Total Posts: 8306
Country: Canada

ultrapix wrote:
Sorry for OT: is there any way to lock up the AF point? I mean that it doesn't move when I push one button of the 4 ways control...



Sort of, you can reassign the 4-way controls so the right and down access different controls, then the left becomes the AF-point selection access and you need to press it before using the 4-way to select the AF point. Even then it seems to drift though, the AF point has a mind of its own on the OM-D.



CalW
Registered: Mar 26, 2005
Total Posts: 2064
Country: United States

From mawz: "Even then it seems to drift though, the AF point has a mind of its own on the OM-D."

To mawz: This sounds ominous - I own two OM-D EM-5's and have never had the AF point change except when I wanted it to do so. Sounds likely that your's may have a unique problem.

To ultrapix: You can also set a button to quickly return the AF point to "home" position - I find this very useful. My G3 drove me nuts because it did not have this feature.



owyhee
Registered: May 10, 2008
Total Posts: 463
Country: United States

dukenukem, Excellent video thank you for sharing it. And what a great photograph as the end product. Are you not concerned about introducing camera movement by touching the shutter button to end your bulb exposure? Or did I miss something in the video?

Thanks



bobbytan
Registered: Feb 03, 2004
Total Posts: 7581
Country: United States

Carlsbad Flower Fields, San Diego. A few more here:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1035880/48#11455059



ultrapix
Registered: Feb 03, 2010
Total Posts: 661
Country: Italy

mawz wrote:
ultrapix wrote:
Sorry for OT: is there any way to lock up the AF point? I mean that it doesn't move when I push one button of the 4 ways control...



Sort of, you can reassign the 4-way controls so the right and down access different controls, then the left becomes the AF-point selection access and you need to press it before using the 4-way to select the AF point. Even then it seems to drift though, the AF point has a mind of its own on the OM-D.


Thanks a lot, I'll try for sure!



ultrapix
Registered: Feb 03, 2010
Total Posts: 661
Country: Italy

CalW wrote:
From mawz: "Even then it seems to drift though, the AF point has a mind of its own on the OM-D."

To mawz: This sounds ominous - I own two OM-D EM-5's and have never had the AF point change except when I wanted it to do so. Sounds likely that your's may have a unique problem.

To ultrapix: You can also set a button to quickly return the AF point to "home" position - I find this very useful. My G3 drove me nuts because it did not have this feature.





Thank you!



dukenukem
Registered: Oct 04, 2012
Total Posts: 340
Country: Spain

owyhee wrote:
dukenukem, Excellent video thank you for sharing it. And what a great photograph as the end product. Are you not concerned about introducing camera movement by touching the shutter button to end your bulb exposure? Or did I miss something in the video?

Thanks


The small movement is negligible in long exposure. Normally i use external tigger

Here the final result:


LiveTime por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
M.Zuiko 9-18 . 88s . f/16.0 . ISO 200 . 9 mm



robert829
Registered: Apr 30, 2011
Total Posts: 537
Country: United States

bobbytan wrote:
Carlsbad Flower Fields, San Diego. A few more here:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1035880/48#11455059

Great macro shots bobby love the colors



Nate A.
Registered: Jun 21, 2012
Total Posts: 249
Country: United States

Here's some taken yesterday on a photo walk in Philadelphia, PA with some friends. All taken with 20mm 1.7.



bobbytan
Registered: Feb 03, 2004
Total Posts: 7581
Country: United States

robert829 wrote:
bobbytan wrote:
Carlsbad Flower Fields, San Diego. A few more here:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1035880/48#11455059

Great macro shots bobby love the colors


Thank you, Robert!



you2
Registered: Nov 06, 2005
Total Posts: 747
Country: United States

I have this problem occasionally (af point changing). Not too sure why it happens; I do have touch enabled though I never use it and i wonder if sometimes when I bring the camera up to my eye if there is a brief period where the face/nose/whatever can trigger a change in af location before the screen switches to the evf. Anyways that is just speculation; it doesn't happen to long and I haven't been taken a lot of pictures recently so should probably experiment one of these days to figure out why it happens.

mawz wrote:
ultrapix wrote:
Sorry for OT: is there any way to lock up the AF point? I mean that it doesn't move when I push one button of the 4 ways control...



Sort of, you can reassign the 4-way controls so the right and down access different controls, then the left becomes the AF-point selection access and you need to press it before using the 4-way to select the AF point. Even then it seems to drift though, the AF point has a mind of its own on the OM-D.



Nate A.
Registered: Jun 21, 2012
Total Posts: 249
Country: United States

Would having face detection enabled contribute to this problem, causing the AF to jump around looking for different faces?



juju1958
Registered: Apr 27, 2009
Total Posts: 775
Country: United Kingdom

A few Photo's.



.

MEVAGISSEY by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

.

MEVAGISSEY by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr


.

MEVAGISSEY by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr


.

MEVAGISSEY by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr


.

Cockle by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr



bobbytan
Registered: Feb 03, 2004
Total Posts: 7581
Country: United States

Awesome lighting!

juju1958 wrote:
A few Photo's.
.

MEVAGISSEY by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

.



Kingfishphoto
Registered: Nov 26, 2005
Total Posts: 6862
Country: United States

Double-look alike for jmans daughter ? This is my 6 year old great,great, God grandaughter. She was born on my birthday, 6 years ago. This is with my 45-200 and Metz flash, with soften. Birthday party at the Phoenix Zoo on March 23rd.
Harry Palmer



1       2       3              120      
121
       122              273       274       end