m43ari
Total Posts: 5

2 with the 75 in Sintra, Portugal

Nate A.
Total Posts: 249

I had to pull over to capture the beautiful sky this evening. 20mm

ultrapix
Total Posts: 661

Sorry for OT: is there any way to lock up the AF point? I mean that it doesn't move when I push one button of the 4 ways control...

dukenukem
Total Posts: 340

OM-D LiveTime in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_62GwZVmLMY

mawz
Total Posts: 8306

ultrapix wrote:
Sorry for OT: is there any way to lock up the AF point? I mean that it doesn't move when I push one button of the 4 ways control...

Sort of, you can reassign the 4-way controls so the right and down access different controls, then the left becomes the AF-point selection access and you need to press it before using the 4-way to select the AF point. Even then it seems to drift though, the AF point has a mind of its own on the OM-D.

CalW
Total Posts: 2064

From mawz: "Even then it seems to drift though, the AF point has a mind of its own on the OM-D."

To mawz: This sounds ominous - I own two OM-D EM-5's and have never had the AF point change except when I wanted it to do so. Sounds likely that your's may have a unique problem.

To ultrapix: You can also set a button to quickly return the AF point to "home" position - I find this very useful. My G3 drove me nuts because it did not have this feature.

owyhee
Total Posts: 463

dukenukem, Excellent video thank you for sharing it. And what a great photograph as the end product. Are you not concerned about introducing camera movement by touching the shutter button to end your bulb exposure? Or did I miss something in the video?

Thanks

bobbytan
Total Posts: 7581

Carlsbad Flower Fields, San Diego. A few more here:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1035880/48#11455059

ultrapix

mawz wrote:
ultrapix wrote:

Sort of, you can reassign the 4-way controls so the right and down access different controls, then the left becomes the AF-point selection access and you need to press it before using the 4-way to select the AF point. Even then it seems to drift though, the AF point has a mind of its own on the OM-D.

Thanks a lot, I'll try for sure!

ultrapix

CalW wrote:
From mawz: "Even then it seems to drift though, the AF point has a mind of its own on the OM-D."

To mawz: This sounds ominous - I own two OM-D EM-5's and have never had the AF point change except when I wanted it to do so. Sounds likely that your's may have a unique problem.

To ultrapix: You can also set a button to quickly return the AF point to "home" position - I find this very useful. My G3 drove me nuts because it did not have this feature.

Thank you!

dukenukem
Total Posts: 340

owyhee wrote:
dukenukem, Excellent video thank you for sharing it. And what a great photograph as the end product. Are you not concerned about introducing camera movement by touching the shutter button to end your bulb exposure? Or did I miss something in the video?

Thanks

The small movement is negligible in long exposure. Normally i use external tigger

Here the final result:

LiveTime por _dUkEnUkEm_, en Flickr
M.Zuiko 9-18 . 88s . f/16.0 . ISO 200 . 9 mm

robert829
Total Posts: 537

bobbytan wrote:

Great macro shots bobby love the colors

Nate A.

Here's some taken yesterday on a photo walk in Philadelphia, PA with some friends. All taken with 20mm 1.7.

bobbytan

robert829 wrote:
bobbytan wrote:

Great macro shots bobby love the colors

Thank you, Robert!

you2
Total Posts: 747

I have this problem occasionally (af point changing). Not too sure why it happens; I do have touch enabled though I never use it and i wonder if sometimes when I bring the camera up to my eye if there is a brief period where the face/nose/whatever can trigger a change in af location before the screen switches to the evf. Anyways that is just speculation; it doesn't happen to long and I haven't been taken a lot of pictures recently so should probably experiment one of these days to figure out why it happens.

mawz wrote:
ultrapix wrote:

Nate A.

Would having face detection enabled contribute to this problem, causing the AF to jump around looking for different faces?

juju1958
Total Posts: 775

A few Photo's.

MEVAGISSEY by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

Cockle by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

bobbytan

Awesome lighting!

juju1958 wrote:
A few Photo's.

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6862

Double-look alike for jmans daughter ? This is my 6 year old great,great, God grandaughter. She was born on my birthday, 6 years ago. This is with my 45-200 and Metz flash, with soften. Birthday party at the Phoenix Zoo on March 23rd.
Harry Palmer

1       2       3              120      
       122              273       274       end