#98 Nature's Neon Lights
/forum/topic/1127583/0

kellermsu
Total Posts: 952

Nature's neon lights, advertising warm magical summer nights. Come to Michigan and enjoy the magic!

Thank you for stopping by.

KitW
Total Posts: 27

Fireflies? Great shot!.. can you tell a little bit about how you achieived it?
TY!

kellermsu
Total Posts: 952

Yes fireflies. I hiked for about 2 miles to find a location that had lots of fireflies (and unfortunately a thousand mosquitoes) and an interesting background. Then took six 60 second images and stacked them. The almost full moon helped with the lighting

KitW
Total Posts: 27

kellermsu wrote:
Yes fireflies. I hiked for about 2 miles to find a location that had lots of fireflies (and unfortunately a thousand mosquitoes) and an interesting background. Then took six 60 second images and stacked them. The almost full moon helped with the lighting

What an accomplishment! I'll never be able to do that unless they come to my backyard. There were tons when I was a kid but they are gone now. What lens were you using for this? I think most people are fascinated by fireflies, don't you? Maybe you should hike out there and get some more pics lol.

also.. how did you get those little things to hold still? heh.. I mean, I'm surprized there are not more trails.

shinew7911
Total Posts: 485

Awesome shot! I've been trying to take some firefly shots with no success so far, going to try stacking too!
BTW what focal length is your shot? is it telephoto ~100mm?? and could you share your aperture & ISO settings as well? thank you!