#504 In desperate need of some paint ...
/forum/topic/1119675/0

TheBart
Total Posts: 70

Hi. Until few weeks ago I was happy with a manual to my Nikon and hit/miss strategy for taking photos. Recently I've started to work with a guy who is passionate about photography and he told me about FM site. I must say the quality of photos here is intimidating but finally, after being passive observer I decided to post my first photo for WA and open up for your comments and an advise. Thanks a lot for a great source of knowledge.

As per the photo, didn't have to go far. This is the project waiting for me and you really don't want to see the whole doors

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3785

I think you nailed this, I like that the doorknob was included but OOF, the peeling paint is not only great texture, but almost adds depth to the image for me. Great first entry, welcome to the WA!

ESC in KC
Total Posts: 2685

Agree with Travis - you did a nice job on the depth of field. I also like the angle you chose. Looks like you've got your work cut out for you!

And welcome to the WAs - I used to play here a lot a few years ago and learned a TON from the excellent photographers that hang out here. This is my first time back in quite a while. I can see the quality of photogs remains very strong.

TheBart

Thanks a lot for your kind words. I will try my best to participate regularly.

mark fadely
Total Posts: 7082

Welcome, and don't be bashful. We all learn from each other here in an atomosphere of positive critique. I like your shot and it is tons better than the stuff I first submitted. The cool thing about the assignments is they get you to try new stuff that develops your creativity, which in turn affects your overall photography in a good way. Hope you have fun in here.

TheBart

Thanks Mark. I've noticed more seasoned FM members are always very patient and supportive, which is very encouraging for newcomers to give it a shot.

Btw you are approaching a very dangerous number of posts 6666

Oregon Gal
Total Posts: 1996

Really nice 1st entry for the WA and welcome. The slight angle of the door really makes it for me.

TheBart

Thanks a lot. I have to get deep on my knees, as wanted to get the knob in the frame

James Markus
Total Posts: 4419

Way to go Adam!