Open letter to Google!
/forum/topic/1118978/0

Spin City
Total Posts: 178

My new home page, www.spincityimaging.com, comments, flames, name calling, stick throwing and rock throwing welcome. Come one, come all and enjoy the parade.

Rick

alohadave
Total Posts: 843

I think you are way off base. If you don't like Google's terms, don't participate. I also think that you have no idea what evil means. They are offering a service with specific terms that may not be particularly beneficial in some regards to the photographer, that does not make them evil.

Also, Google being bigger than you and being able to offer things that you can't, at a price that you can't is not evil. It is out-competing the competition.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate your business model and your product offering if Google moving in will destroy your business. If they can offer a product for a lower price, either make your product better, or make your service better.

Give your local customers a reason to do business with you that Google cannot or does not wish to.

Peter Le
Total Posts: 1060

If you haven't figured it out yet....this is not a fair world....but you can always turn it around to your benefit..... In your words "they produce crap" so OK advertise you don't produce crap.....do it right and they may be your best advertiser. You can never outright beat a giant...... but you can certainly out smart them. If they come after you...make sure it is in all the news. It will even be better advertising. Most people will go with the underdog.....you just have to make sure they know it is you.....

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4851

alohadave wrote:
I think you are way off base. If you don't like Google's terms, don't participate. I also think that you have no idea what evil means. They are offering a service with specific terms that may not be particularly beneficial in some regards to the photographer, that does not make them evil.

Also, Google being bigger than you and being able to offer things that you can't, at a price that you can't is not evil. It is out-competing the competition.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate your business model and your product offering if Google moving in will destroy your business. If they can offer a product for a lower price, either make your product better, or make your service better.

Give your local customers a reason to do business with you that Google cannot or does not wish to.

"Last year in 2011, Google offered Panoramic imaging services to businesses in the Baltimore/Washington area at no cost"

Most people can't compete with FREE.

billkoe
Total Posts: 169

You CAN compete with free if you do it better. My daughter just told me that her west coast bakery was photographed today by a Google VR photographer. They guy never retouched out his tripod and the photography is less than spectacular. She said that if they want to use VR photography they'll hire someone that will do it well.

alohadave
Total Posts: 843

rattymouse wrote:
alohadave wrote:

"Last year in 2011, Google offered Panoramic imaging services to businesses in the Baltimore/Washington area at no cost"

Most people can't compete with FREE.

Not on cost, you can't. But Google isn't local to anyone. They are an advertising company that is outsourcing te actual work.

ryankarr
Total Posts: 1009

Your website reads like a manifesto.