#503 Waiting on Patients
/forum/topic/1117754/0

mark fadely
Total Posts: 7082

This scene at the Indianapolis 500 seemed ironic to me.

Rick Joyce
Total Posts: 6162

From what I've heard and seen, the Indy and NASCAR races are as much about eating and drinking as they are about racing. Your irony here is not lost.

mark fadely

Thanks Rick, and yes, you are right. The races have a party atmosphere that results in a number of fans taking a trip to the hospital, especially in very hot conditions as was the case for this year's race. I love these sausage sandwiches even though they are one of the highest calorie and fat items you can get from the food vendors

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3746

I love the juxtaposition of the EMT' next to the line for pig missiles and coronary bullets...nicely seen Mark.

mark fadely

Thanks Travis,

Lol, "pig missiles & coronary bullets!". That's funny stuff.

Travis Rhoads

a friend of mine calls them pig missiles...always made me laugh.

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3123

With all the heat that day I don't think they had to wait that long for someone that needed their help, I've done a few races and hated all the standing waiting for the right shots, when the races are over you can't wait to just relax, great idea and shot.

Norm

robert829
Total Posts: 535

Cool shot mark me like beer and hot dogs while watching any games
Lol remind me while offshore fishing beer on my right hand and fishing rod on my
left such a good life

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1403

Great eye you have. Mark; a lot of successful photography is pre-visualized; you have an idea, and the work (and pleasure) is in the bringing of that vision into reality...other times it's observing the world and recognizing the moment that lives in front of you, waiting to be recorded before it's gone for good...

I'm guessing that this one is of the latter category...

Great Work, here...yet again...

Jerry

mark fadely

Hightraxx wrote:
With all the heat that day I don't think they had to wait that long for someone that needed their help, I've done a few races and hated all the standing waiting for the right shots, when the races are over you can't wait to just relax, great idea and shot.

Norm

Hi Norm,

Thanks for the comment. It was the hottest race in years. 95 degrees this day. I can image shooting on of these races and standing around with some long lenses all day. That could get tiring real quick.

mark fadely

robert829 wrote:
Cool shot mark me like beer and hot dogs while watching any games
Lol remind me while offshore fishing beer on my right hand and fishing rod on my
left such a good life

Yes Bob, the beer and dogs just kind of go with outdoor events like this. Sounds even better to do some fishing like you're talking about. Thanks for checking in.

Travis Rhoads

mark fadely wrote:
I can image shooting on of these races and standing around with some long lenses all day. That could get tiring real quick.

That is what I will be doing in two weeks time...two days at Road Atlanta with 2 bodies and 6 lenses...I still enjoy it.

mark fadely

Tenn.Jer wrote:
Great eye you have. Mark; a lot of successful photography is pre-visualized; you have an idea, and the work (and pleasure) is in the bringing of that vision into reality...other times it's observing the world and recognizing the moment that lives in front of you, waiting to be recorded before it's gone for good...

I'm guessing that this one is of the latter category...

Great Work, here...yet again...

Jerry

Tanks Jerry. I am continually impressed with your insights and detailed responses to everyone’s' posts. I believe you are spot-on with this analysis about how images are made in the mind of the photographer.

mark fadely

Travis Rhoads wrote:
mark fadely wrote:
I can image shooting on of these races and standing around with some long lenses all day. That could get tiring real quick.

That is what I will be doing in two weeks time...two days at Road Atlanta with 2 bodies and 6 lenses...I still enjoy it.

Yes Travis, I'm sure you'll be tired afterwards, but then seeing the quality of your racing shots it will all be worth it. Hope you have some good light for that event.

Travis Rhoads

I just hope it doesn't rain!

svassh
Total Posts: 659

Very IRONIC, this topic is tough but really bringing out some creativity.

kellermsu
Total Posts: 954

Great idea Mark and excellent job with difficult lighting.

Jim

mark fadely

svassh wrote:
Very IRONIC, this topic is tough but really bringing out some creativity.

Thanks for the nice comment.

mark fadely

kellermsu wrote:
Great idea Mark and excellent job with difficult lighting.

Jim

Thanks Jim, this week's theme obviously was pretty tough judging by the lack of entries. I tried to come up with something a bit more exciting, but it was not to be.